• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Its about time to buy a console.

Started by jpb123, September 23, 2010, 01:23:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jpb123

So am been thinking about buying one for some time ( about a year :x )
I think am going to get a Xbox 360 "Pro" the 20GB one.
The only game I will be playing is SSF4 but I guess also MvC3 and SFvsT.

Am 90% sure am going to buy one but So got acouple of questions about 360s.

I understand you need to be a gold member to play online. How do pay for this?
The screen I got is a PC screen but it has a HDMI cable will that work?

quick question about ssf4( on xbox )
How active is it? do you find games quickly with a good 4+ bars?
there alot of people and differnet skills level playing?

I say this because on SF4 PC now am just playing about  the 5/6 same people and that not as much fun anymore.

And be my friend on xbox please :((((((((((

HoneyBadger

Get an xbox live subscription card. Seriously, don't subscribe with credit card, they don't give you the option to turn off recurring fees via web anymore; you either have to call them (which they are cunts about) or top up via those card things to stop it recurring. Your monitor will work if it has HDMI input, can't say whether the monitor itself will be optimal for lag and shit but fuck who cares you're playing online.

As for finding games, if you set your flag to Australia you'll find heaps of randoms in endless and ranked with a reasonable connection no problem.
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: [â,,¢Âªv]Oleetworth on September 23, 2010, 09:03:04 AM
Get an xbox live subscription card. Seriously, don't subscribe with credit card, they don't give you the option to turn off recurring fees via web anymore; you either have to call them (which they are cunts about) or top up via those card things to stop it recurring. Your monitor will work if it has HDMI input, can't say whether it will be optimal for lag and shit but fuck who cares you're playing online.

As for finding games, if you set your flag to Australia you'll find heaps of randoms in endless and ranked with a reasonable connection no problem.

This is crap. Shortly before the payment recurs, if youre on Xbox live, it asks you whether or not you want to renew your gold subscription or not. And it wont recur automatically either. It needs your permission.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

fluxcore

Uh, not in my experience. Every three months I get a "HEY YOU'VE SUCCESSFULLY BEEN RESUBSCRIBED!" and I yell "FUCK I DON'T USE THIS SHIT ANYMORE LET ME OUT!"
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

CaptainHook

I got a live card from eb games which had it on the shelf for $90. Asked them if they would price match it with JB for $70 (i had no proof and actually
walked down to eb from JB cause JB had none left) and the guy said "sure". Done. Lol. Think it's $80 with credit card online?
Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K

zos'la

Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

CaptainHook

Yeah, i couldn't believe it when i went in there. :(
Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K

redtie

You get a month free, and then you can get that 3 months for $15 offer too.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Yeah that's what happened to me when i was buying a game. I made up that it was way cheaper at the wharehouse and they excepted it without even ringing them lol.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

originaljulz

Lol I've been the same. I've always just done all my gaming on my beasty computer, and never really got round to getting a console. I was thinking of getting a PS3 late October/early Novemberish if I can wait till after uni exams, or just now if I can find a good deal.

Actually, where would you guys suggest buying a PS3?

Mighty ape has 160gb ones for $610, the Warehouse just got them in for $588 as an introductory offer since they just got them or w/e. EB and JB prob have them for shit ass prices so I didn't bother looking.

I kinda like the $588 Warehouse option. Unless you guys know where I can get one for a better price I'd prob end up going with that.
HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

samurai black

imo, get a 320gb. friggin HDD fills up fast if you're a prolific gamer

fluxcore

imo, get an xbox. people will actually exist to play on it if you're a gamer
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

originaljulz

Lol I do most of my gaming/media consumption on my PC.

The only reason I'm getting a PS3 is to play the games I can't already play on my PC. Like besides save games, I can't really see what else I would put onto the PS3 to take up space.

Also, the only reason why I'd get a 360 would be for Reach, but I already got my fightstick for PS3/PC and my friends who play Blazblue with me all have PS3s.

ALSO I'll be damned if I gotta pay to play online.
HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

geneterror

Well that's perspective really Alan. Suzannah and I own an PS3 each haha, I'll try and give my perspective as a PS3 gamer thats going to buy an Xbox360 after Xmas. Until I started to know people from NZism I'd never met that many people that played on an Xbox haha.
I'm getting my Xbox360 to play all the NZism dicks at fighting games, but for me there is not a lot of life left in SSF4 so I'm going to wait until MvC3 conmes out to buy my one. In all honestly it will prob just be a cheap online fighting game platform for me.
ALL my non-fighting game playing friends own a PS3 so there are heaps of people to play online with, never had trouble finding randoms to play RDR with. When GT5 comes out I'm gonna have to make more space on my friends list to add people to play that! I'm thinking of starting a second PSN account just for GT5 friends haha.
Honestly I don't like the Xbox exclusives, couldn't give a crap about Halo and don't really play FPS games at all...and obviously GT5 > Forza ;) For me PS3 rules exclusives for my tastes ie. Little Big Planet, GT5, Valkyria Chronicles, Disgaea 3 and soon Disgaea 4, God Of War, Uncharted, Infamous etc
PS3 has the advantage of region free so I can import games like Blazblue etc, which I'm sure interests originaljulz as a Blazblue player. I see people playing Blazblue all the time, no can do on an Xbox at the moment.
Each has their own advantages and disadvantages I'm def not trying to run down the Xbox, I mean I am going to buy one but at the end of the day I'm a PS3 person, if it wasn't for all the good cunts on NZism that play on Xbox there would be know reason for me to get one.

Oh yeah and paying to play online has always put me off, fuck that noise.
KOW 2011

geneterror

KOW 2011