• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Want something tested in MVC3? Tell the L-Man what you need to know homey!

Started by Lennysaurus, January 26, 2011, 01:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ROCOABC

Quote from: Ngati Kahungunu Champ on January 27, 2011, 09:16:18 AM
Yeah thanks heaps man.  Been trying to figure out how this happened lol.

I'll be trying stuff with Arthur, Ironman, Doom, Storm, and MODOK mostly.

All good.  Get the most of out this.  Hopefully this will be the first of many.

Rorooze

RUMBLE: Check out http://www.1up.com/previews/marvel-capcom-3-ultimate-character?pager.offset=0 has a pretty decent run down of all the characters, which ones might be easy to pick up, which ones need pewpew execution and which characters will be hard to get used to.

Nick4now

+1 on testing out Mags please. Also I'd like to know useful command grabs are with Haggar if he's in the build you guys are testing out. If not, I'm fine with any other grappler. I'm just really curious if I can actually land a grab in this game  :D

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

geneterror

Quote from: Ngati Kahungunu Champ on January 27, 2011, 09:30:00 AM
I think Graham was keen on Wesker.
Nah, don't like the look of him at all.

Richard I'll be going straight for Doom as I played him a LOT in MvC2 in my Blackheart, Sent, Doom team. I'll be going straight for the big guys...Thor, Doom, Dormammu, Hulk etc.

I've actually been playing Doom again in MvC2 this week and getting my airdash combos etc down.
KOW 2011

Lennysaurus

kk you take are of trying out Doom, and I'll have a crack with Wesker.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

geneterror

I will try out Dormammu but will prob just play him like Blackheart ;)
KOW 2011

Lennysaurus

Quote from: geneterror on January 27, 2011, 12:31:43 PM
I will try out Dormammu but will prob just play him like Blackheart ;)

Cheap? hahaha!

Oh man I aint gonna lie, I'm so hype for this.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

geneterror

KOW 2011

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Ill be looking at Storm/Trish/Amaterasu/Skrull/Tron. Although if Alan's going to go hard on Trish ill try out some other chars.

Also:

Quote from: electric on January 27, 2011, 09:26:48 AM
Good point bringing up the button layout Stu - can you see if the layout is configurable in this build ?

Also I'm not sure whether it's already been proven yet, but does Wesker's assist (where he shoots at their feet) hit low ? If you can test this I will give you 100 internet hugs

I doubt the button layout will be configurable. If this is anything like the other pre-launch builds, we will probably be using the TVC-esque default scheme. Buttons will be fully configurable when the game drops, and there is a preset configuration that is more like MVC2. Alan and I had a conversation about this yesterday, and i raped the internet of all available information to come to this conclusion.

It has been confirmed that Weskers assist hits low. Keits and Ultradavid confirmed they were setting up unblockables with it at CES.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

ROCOABC

Quote from: [NIUE] BIRRY WONG on January 27, 2011, 12:48:10 PM
Ill be looking at Storm/Trish/Amaterasu/Skrull/Tron. Although if Alan's going to go hard on Trish ill try out some other chars.

Also:

I doubt the button layout will be configurable. If this is anything like the other pre-launch builds, we will probably be using the TVC-esque default scheme. Buttons will be fully configurable when the game drops, and there is a preset configuration that is more like MVC2. Alan and I had a conversation about this yesterday, and i raped the internet of all available information to come to this conclusion.

It has been confirmed that Weskers assist hits low. Keits and Ultradavid confirmed they were setting up unblockables with it at CES.

If its like the older builds then no the button layouts are not configurable for the demos and a word of warning, it may even be stuffed up.  If it is on the 360, the default layout is for the 360 pad and if the demo is running on a joystick then you will have a rather "messy" setup since the buttons won't match.  If they are running it on the PS3, when the game first boots up a config screen will pop up before loading the game prompting you to choose either Arcade Joystick or Control pad "controls" so at least the configuration will match this way.

HoneyBadger

Yo Bill I heard Dog assist was gdlk. Do some dog assists for me.
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

In a convenient and somewhat appropriate coincidence based on one of my recent facebook status updates:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=dogging

And yea. Ill be looking into assists hardout.

Also guys, we have a partial movelist available on the official website now, so we dont have to fuck around learning commands.

http://marvelvscapcom3.com/us/characters
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

fluxcore

I'll also be trishing. As for Dormammu, I pretty much know what it's going to be like just from the vids I've watched... hard to use because you get rushed down and destroyed. He seems like a char that will take quite some time to get used to playing as, since he's a somewhat non-conventional keepaway zoner. Probably hard to get much more than that from a 3 hr preview playtest, but maybe someone will...
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

fluxcore

Oh, and since we'll invariably be using TE sticks, it's not exactly hard to rewire them to whatever config the game needs. Would take about 5 mins.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness