• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Want something tested in MVC3? Tell the L-Man what you need to know homey!

Started by Lennysaurus, January 26, 2011, 01:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lennysaurus

Monaco NZ have presented the opportunity for 4 NZism members to go to their office in Albany and playtest the latest preview build of MVC3.

Before you ask, the 4 people that are going have already been confirmed, so no you can't come.

But, here is your chance to ask us to test specific stuffwhile we are there.

Some guidelines, we are only there for 3 hours, so make sure that what you are asking us to test is managable.  Also, this is the preview build, not the retail, so what we figure out may not in fact be in the final product.  We will be heading there next Thursday, so make sure you have stuff here you want us to try in on Wednesday at the latest.

Ask away people!

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

scribble

"I hope the Yama Kings have mercy upon your soul, for I shall not" - Hsien-Ko

massi4h

Damn you lucky cunts. I was thinking of some Akuma specifics but I'll easily be able to check them out when I get the game. Who are the four people anyway? You, Bill, Alan and ROROABC?

jpb123

Would been cool if there was a contest for this but meh nvm!

Can you test out how Zero and Wesker feel in overall combos etc etc!

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

@Mason: I dont think the build will have Akuma. I would bet money on it probably being the CES build.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Barnstorm

The tagging order seems strange eg point character combos into next character but drops down to the second position does this mean they are next to come in during another combo or after point character dies

Eg
Before combo                      after combo         

Magneto                              Storm
storm                                   Magneto
Iron man                              Iron man

hope that question makes sense

fluxcore

Quote from: jpb123 on January 26, 2011, 03:10:15 PM
Would been cool if there was a contest for this but meh nvm!

Can you test out how Zero and Wesker feel in overall combos etc etc!

There pretty much was, the winners were the people who are most likely to create content :)

If people are interested in getting invited to special things like this, they need to make it worth giving them the spots!

Also, I played Zero in TvC and intend to play him in MvC3 so I'll definitely be giving him a writeup.

Quote from: Barnstorm on January 26, 2011, 03:15:47 PM
The tagging order seems strange eg point character combos into next character but drops down to the second position does this mean they are next to come in during another combo or after point character dies

hope that question makes sense

I guess there was a question in there, but yeah we'll fiddle around with the tagging to see how things are set up. Of course, as a pre-final version, who knows if it'll change for the gold master release...
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

massi4h

Yeah definitely. Make sure you guys have a good play and just enjoy the lucky opportunity imo. Don't waste too much time testing shit if you don't want to.

ROCOABC

Quote from: massi4h on January 26, 2011, 02:26:20 PM
Damn you lucky cunts. I was thinking of some Akuma specifics but I'll easily be able to check them out when I get the game. Who are the four people anyway? You, Bill, Alan and ROROABC?

Nah, not me.  I will be playing at some stage but I am not the part of the 4.  Hope you all enjoy the code.  Apparently it is a newer build so i've yet to play it.  Hopefully its the one thats been shown around US recently with most of the casts.  You can thank me later for setting this up :P.

Lennysaurus

Yeah thanks heaps man.  Been trying to figure out how this happened lol.

I'll be trying stuff with Arthur, Ironman, Doom, Storm, and MODOK mostly.

stereomonkey

Can someone test out and tell me their thoughts on both Mags and Wesker?

Also, how do the button layout feel in comparison to both mvc2 and tvc. Cheers.
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

electric

Good point bringing up the button layout Stu - can you see if the layout is configurable in this build ?

Also I'm not sure whether it's already been proven yet, but does Wesker's assist (where he shoots at their feet) hit low ? If you can test this I will give you 100 internet hugs
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

Lennysaurus

samurai black

IR U IM B IL E

What I would want to know - seeing as this will be my first MvC or any vs game that I'm gonna play - is if you could find out what character(s) would have an easy learning curve and suit someone like me that's new to the game.

Cheers.
"...there's a big difference between winging it and seeing what happens. Now let's see what happens."