• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

Want something tested in MVC3? Tell the L-Man what you need to know homey!

Started by Lennysaurus, January 26, 2011, 01:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geneterror

KOW 2011

Lennysaurus

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

samurai black

oh yeah, someone try deadpool too plz.

i wanna know if i can play him like cable :D

stereomonkey

"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

HoneyBadger

Bro I wouldn't talk shit to UMEHALA #4 MVC2 player in NZ and son of Richard's Mum
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

LN

Quote from: Barnstorm on January 26, 2011, 03:15:47 PM
The tagging order seems strange eg point character combos into next character but drops down to the second position does this mean they are next to come in during another combo or after point character dies

Eg
Before combo                      after combo         

Magneto                              Storm
storm                                   Magneto
Iron man                              Iron man

hope that question makes sense

There are vids which show this kind of thing actually.

Mag, Viper, Chun -> Mag does air combo exchange:
Viper, Mag, Chun -> Viper continues air combo into exchange:
Chun, Mag, Viper

Storm, Ryu, Spiderman -> Storm does Hailstorm DHC Shinkuu:
Ryu, Storm, Spiderman -> Ryu dies:
Storm, Spiderman
There is no knowledge that is not power

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

someone pick modok and doom and try do lock down shit.......

also, see if modok's fly can work same as sents mvc2 style stomp on the ground.....for some nice chip lock down.

and as UMEHALA has stated earlier....can deadpool be used as the new cable?

ironman new infinites? or if any of his old combos/set ups work....jap style setup?

and chuck my name in the hat for the next round of demo testing :P

i am so jealous  >:( ??? :'( :-*
The New Generation Clockw0rk

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

There probably wont be another round of demo testing given that the game comes out in 3 weeks. But i've taken a week off, so team niue will be getting some jam sessions in.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

CptMunta

Quote from: ROCOABC on January 27, 2011, 09:09:44 AM
  You can thank me later for setting this up :P.

Oh snap so it was you who Hayley from Monaco was mentioning. I thought it may have been my constant nagging that got the ball rolling. Sorry  :-[ shame Munta.

Good shit with the hook ups ROCOABC! :)

Someone test Joe please. Specifically ground combo into launcher, air combo, air Joe, into Mach speed launcher into air Joe. Easier and less random than tvc? Also how are his buffs? Slow looks godlike, how is his uppercut? And voomerang assists?
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

K123_iy

Can you tell us what button config feels the best - like I thought there was a tatsunoko control scheme and the old mvc2 control scheme.. which feels better?

ROCOABC

Quote from: CptMunta on January 28, 2011, 01:51:27 PM
Oh snap so it was you who Hayley from Monaco was mentioning. I thought it may have been my constant nagging that got the ball rolling. Sorry  :-[ shame Munta.

Good shit with the hook ups ROCOABC! :)

Someone test Joe please. Specifically ground combo into launcher, air combo, air Joe, into Mach speed launcher into air Joe. Easier and less random than tvc? Also how are his buffs? Slow looks godlike, how is his uppercut? And voomerang assists?

All good my man.  No problemo.  Time to get HYPE!!  Marvel is just around the corner.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: K123_iy on January 28, 2011, 07:35:33 PM
Can you tell us what button config feels the best - like I thought there was a tatsunoko control scheme and the old mvc2 control scheme.. which feels better?

I dont think we have the option of changing it in a preview build. Pretty sure we get the default TVC scheme.

Remember buttons are FULLY customisable when the game drops, so go with whatever feels best for you when you get your copy.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

massi4h

Yeah know that I think of it from an mvc2/sf4 perspective I might prefer to have a layout that goes:

B C Assist1
A D Assist 2

B+C would work for all dashes and supers and it would be more of being used to tri jumping and dashing into shorts. I do the thumb plink method for rom infinite (though I can't do it really well) and lk, lp, mp is bnb for akuma in sf4 so that shouldn't feel weird.

I think the layout that Capcom were announcing was

A C Assist1
B D Assist 2

Which would be even weirder for old mvc2 players because they won't be using B to start their combos like they would more often in mvc2.

LN

TVC layout is going to be superior imo, even if only for XFC and things. If you look over the movelist you'll see it's pretty much designed for the TVC layout too.
There is no knowledge that is not power