• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

How did you get interested in Fighting Games?

Started by stereomonkey, May 28, 2009, 09:28:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluxcore

Final Fight has better graphics, and I really love it, but tbh SoR2 has a better combat/combo system...
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

gunsmoke

Quote from: fluxcore on June 01, 2009, 07:34:19 PM
Final Fight has better graphics, and I really love it, but tbh SoR2 has a better combat/combo system...

Totally Agree i like Final Fight too... SOFR2 stORY and fighting scene and soundtrack more interesting then FF .Thats y i recond SOR2 is better .  ;D
LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

fluxcore

oh the music, hell yeah SoR2 is fucking fantastic!
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

gunsmoke

Quote from: fluxcore on June 01, 2009, 08:26:16 PM
oh the music, hell yeah SoR2 is fucking fantastic!

Check it out http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/sega/genesis/index-sz.html under Street of Rage 2 . OMG... Stage 8-1 and Ending Midi soundtrack the best lol :D
LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

CrazyMobius

I dunno I just reckon Final Fight is not just a game, it's  akin to a work or art. While SOR2 is no doubt fun, Final Fight has this whole Zen thing going on that taps deep into my subconscious. It's like 1989 boiled in a pot. More than just a game but a time machine and a document of when it was made.

fluxcore

I know what you mean, as I said in my history post, I used to just stand and watch a Final Fight machine demo for probably hours just because it was so amazing. But the fighting system IS a bit limited compared to SoR2.

geneterror

I think it's the difference between people that played at the arcade and those that had consoles at home. I never had a NES/SNES or a Master Sytem/Megadrive so I never played games like SoR but I played a LOT of Final Fight. I played even more Double Dragon and Bad Dudes vs Dragon Ninja than either SoR or Final Fight though ;)
KOW 2011

stereomonkey

"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Does anyone NOT want to play battletoads?  :P
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

CrazyMobius

Started playing Double Dragon at Burger Master in Hunters Corner. Played some Street Fighter one there but never got past Birdie.
First heard there was Street Fighter II at Willy's Dairy from Gregule. He said there was some Pig Man in it. Must have been Blanka I guess. I thought he was talking about Cadash.

Sure enough next time I went to Willy's Dairy there it was. First demo I saw was Blanka vs Guile. Characters were big! I played Blanka mainly. Used drop kick a lot.

From there learned the cast. Dug the move list stickers and Jamal even rented a cabinet for his birthday. He beat up Carl for saying the only way he won on Guile was using kick,kick,kick backbreaker.

Played some of those pirate World Warrior glitched games before first playing Champion Edition at United Video in Hunters Corner. First mirror match I saw was Guile vs Guile. First character I played was Sagat.

Dabbled in Mortal Kombat 2 at Video Ezy and that movie theatre that's closed down now by KFC and Denny's. That's where we first played Hyper Fighting. Didn't get into that one so much.

Played some King of the Monsters and Fatal Fury at Super Strike in Manukau. That's where James said he saw Sheng Long being played. Musta been hallucinating on that one.

Heard an ad on Mai FM about the 'New Challengers' Had Fei Long sound effects. Played it first at Bob Wichmans. James beat some dude who just came back from Church all pumped with rage and he took James to the alleyway and punched him. Warrick and I stayed inside just playing. I wonder why we didn't go help him.

Saw a bootlegged Chinese version of the Street Fighter 2 animated film that Danny gave me. I thought it was Dragon Ball z. Surprised but delighted that they showed Chun li in the buff.

Later Alpha came out. By then EGM and Gamepro were covering the previews. Thought Sodom was a strange choice. Looking forward to the redrawn art and Final Fight characters.

Everything hazy after that. Too much too soon. Street Fighter iii felt pillowy. Alex was cool. Tried to figure out what medium Kinu Nishimura used for the art. Found out years later it was Photoshop. -_-

Paxton asked if we played CVS1 in Aussie because we were good at it WTF?

CVS2 battles with Green Hairs gang. Got owned on 3s but through persistance mastered Hugo. Picked up Alex and Ken while waiting for Street Fighter IV.

First saw the intro for Street Fighter IV on Ben's cell phone.

Bought it on PS3 three days early from some dude on trade me. Later traded it for a Euro version to pick alt costumes.

Yeah. Good times.

Hydro

Quote from: CrazyMobius on June 03, 2009, 01:45:39 PM
That's where James said he saw Sheng Long being played. Musta been hallucinating on that one.

James beat some dude who just came back from Church all pumped with rage and he took James to the alleyway and punched him. Warrick and I stayed inside just playing. I wonder why we didn't go help him.

EPIC!!! :D

I'm never gonna live those down. Sheng long, yeah right, I was a dweeb. And the alley wasn't so bad, got punched a few times but the guy ran away when I went all fetal on him.

Not much has changed lol!

Kanae

LOL^^ k

Yar final fight has ties to alot of 3rd strike and alpha 3 chars, go look on wiki :P

HoneyBadger

Quote from: hydrokinesis on June 03, 2009, 02:00:58 PM
Quote from: CrazyMobius on June 03, 2009, 01:45:39 PM
That's where James said he saw Sheng Long being played. Musta been hallucinating on that one.

James beat some dude who just came back from Church all pumped with rage and he took James to the alleyway and punched him. Warrick and I stayed inside just playing. I wonder why we didn't go help him.

EPIC!!! :D

I'm never gonna live those down. Sheng long, yeah right, I was a dweeb. And the alley wasn't so bad, got punched a few times but the guy ran away when I went all fetal on him.

Not much has changed lol!

Just lucky double seismos weren't invented then =P
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: Kanae on June 03, 2009, 02:39:23 PM
LOL^^ k

Yar final fight has ties to alot of 3rd strike and alpha 3 chars, go look on wiki :P
hey wasnt the main guy off final fight the inspiration for ryu, or it was some game like it, and he wore orange and did hurricane kicks and shit.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

Lennysaurus

Quote from: weazzyefff on June 04, 2009, 05:58:18 AM
Quote from: Kanae on June 03, 2009, 02:39:23 PM
LOL^^ k

hey wasnt the main guy off final fight the inspiration for ryu, or it was some game like it, and he wore orange and did hurricane kicks and shit.

Ryu and Ken came out in street fighter one which came out before final fight.

Guy and Cody from the first final fight game have both been in the street fighter alpha series.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero