• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

Serious Street Fighter Training!

Started by Lennysaurus, July 14, 2009, 10:28:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cr8zyK1LL3r

Quote from: ADism on July 14, 2009, 02:14:04 PM
if i owned it, id be doing alot more then that lol :P
I had exactly the same thought with you before buying my PS3. But after I got it, I noticed that my skills went down instead of going up. lol.....

The main reason is that I don't feel any pressure when I play with somebody coz even If i lose the match, I'm not losing any money. So I am too relax when i play and my reaction skill goes down a lot.

fluxcore

with viper you pretty much need to do that to do them consistently.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

zos'la

Quote from: Cr8zyK1LL3r on July 14, 2009, 02:12:52 PM
Quote from: hydrokinesis on July 14, 2009, 11:27:18 AM
At least four hours a day with Viper combos in different situaitons(all morning usually). FFF, inst sjc Bk, strings, links and counter links, everything I can do to get my execution near perfect, including timing on different characters. I often set cpu to record and go through different senarios for tech throw and blocking pressure strings too.
Are you planning to defeat Daigo and Justin Wong ??

Have my thumbs up for this coming tourny!!! I think i should just retire!!! why bother when i cant even stay in practice mode more than 5 min...

I think I should just join u guys in Gundam  online HUe... give up give up la!!!
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

zos'la

Quote from: Cr8zyK1LL3r on July 14, 2009, 02:28:23 PM
I had exactly the same thought with you before buying my PS3. But after I got it, I noticed that my skills went down instead of going up. lol.....

The main reason is that I don't feel any pressure when I play with somebody coz even If i lose the match, I'm not losing any money. So I am too relax when i play and my reaction skill goes down a lot.

PS3 is too laggy compared to xbl and msl.

that is another reason teh links are broken.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

Hydro

Quote from: Cr8zyK1LL3r on July 14, 2009, 02:12:52 PM
Quote from: hydrokinesis on July 14, 2009, 11:27:18 AM
At least four hours a day with Viper combos in different situaitons(all morning usually). FFF, inst sjc Bk, strings, links and counter links, everything I can do to get my execution near perfect, including timing on different characters. I often set cpu to record and go through different senarios for tech throw and blocking pressure strings too.
Are you planning to defeat Daigo and Justin Wong ??

Na bro, just you and Kevin. ;) But yeah, my mornings always revolve around a good Viper training sesh, you like my combos Hue?

stereomonkey

"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: zosla on July 14, 2009, 02:36:56 PM

Even XBL is pretty crap. PC version is probably the best on that front.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Hydro

Quote from: fluxcore on July 14, 2009, 02:30:04 PM

Amen my brother, amen.

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

Quote from: ILL_BILL on July 14, 2009, 02:40:22 PM

Ive found my 360 version alot better to play on than pc . Maybe its a mental thing .
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

Cr8zyK1LL3r

Quote from: fluxcore on July 14, 2009, 02:30:04 PM

If we look at Japanese tournament clips, I guess Joe and KZ train their C.Viper Combo at least 6 hours every single day in order to keep them consistently.

But according to 1 of my Japanese mate, Those players learned the combo in the first few days they played. And at that time, The game wasn't even out on PS3/Xbox360.

James : I love your combo ^_^ it looks pretty cool.

Cr8zyK1LL3r

Quote from: stereomonkey on July 14, 2009, 02:39:44 PM
Guys, get back on topic!
lol.... we are always off topic :p

Lenny, if you really want to do serious training, I guess we can do it once every weekend (4 times/month). I can try to get cody, simon and maybe Kevin to join also.

Lennysaurus

Quote from: Cr8zyK1LL3r on July 14, 2009, 02:51:29 PM
Guys, get back on topic!

Lenny, if you really want to do serious training, I guess we can do it once every weekend (4 times/month). I can try to get cody, simon and maybe Kevin to join also.

Yeah Hue, itd be great to get some training in with you guys.  Where would we do it?

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

ABC_SMN

I think I might skip the training....... Every week? No thanks..... Like... time to time is ok.... Due to the special Thanks to Hue that he Lure me into some Online games as well..... and Andy must have to thanks me for that too....

PS: NO MORE HELL Training FOR ME!!!! (b4 xlan)

maelgrim

Quote from: B1ackstar Ninja on July 14, 2009, 02:42:06 PM
Quote from: ILL_BILL on July 14, 2009, 02:40:22 PM

Ive found my 360 version alot better to play on than pc . Maybe its a mental thing .

Well with some luck Capcom will have seen how the netcode can be done right (i.e BlazBlue) and release a patch to make SF4 online rock.
Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

HoneyBadger

Quote from: Lennysaurus Rex on July 14, 2009, 02:57:23 PM
Quote from: Cr8zyK1LL3r on July 14, 2009, 02:51:29 PM
Guys, get back on topic!

Yeah Hue, itd be great to get some training in with you guys.  Where would we do it?

Giga!!!!

@ Hue I found the same thing man, playing online made me even worse than I was. I've started playing pretty much exclusively at LAN and at Yifans only now. The only time I really do my console ver is to hit training a few nights a week before I go to bed to help my muscle memory
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA