• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

Serious Street Fighter Training!

Started by Lennysaurus, July 14, 2009, 10:28:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zos'la

James like the blood and tears!!!
I don't see why you have to scare them to such a point that they don't dear to play you, forcing the new blood to run away ":( just my 2 cents :D

Simon is the goddess!!!
I agree with you with regards tot he rounds as I do it myself, but if the player is half decent then I won't only new blood :)

And the lucky man who play Kevin lol,  mate first time down there at Yifans and you got to play one of the best giefs around gz:P
I think I was there ahaha...

Lenny, its sad to hear you are so suck bro... I really hope we can play more when you feel better.

Alan I got those sticks modded :D thanks for your help!!!
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

CptMunta

Quote from: wimpy on July 26, 2009, 11:04:39 PM
I hate falling for lag tactics.... or seeing the jump nice and early, hitting that crouching roundhouse only for nothing to happen, then the rh kicks in and it's far too later and you get a meaty on you.

Problem is, there is no arcade here in Nelson. I have to play online to get any fights at all, and for the 10 or so lag matches there is occasionaly that one good game. Why must they be so few and far between though T_T.

Must keep trying to get my flatmates to play sf4...

Nelson aye? Hmmmm.... You on PSN? I smell a 4 bar connection  :) The tourney will have power comp. You doing the mish to Auckland for it. I'm flying up from CHCH. Go the Jetstar!
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

stereomonkey

Quote from: zosla on July 27, 2009, 08:55:10 AM
Lenny, its sad to hear you are so suck bro... I really hope we can play more when you feel better.

Lenny is always SUCK ;)
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

zos'la

edit: James the Devil

Simon teh Goddess

:)

HoneyBadger

my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

Hydro

Quote from: zosla on July 27, 2009, 11:04:29 AM

Simon teh Goddess

Wholly agree, except I'm a little worried/puzzled about the 'feminine' nature of Simons obvious divinity. . .  :/

zos'la

Quote from: hydrokinesis on July 27, 2009, 11:36:37 AM
Quote from: zosla on July 27, 2009, 11:04:29 AM

Simon teh Goddess

Wholly agree, except I'm a little worried/puzzled about the 'feminine' nature of Simons obvious divinity. . .  :/

ahh yes, but I am sure we will get over it sooner or later :X glad you actually spotted that haha.

CrazyMobius

DVS

Quote from: geneterror on July 21, 2009, 08:55:31 AM
Hey Gene it's Graeme. Do you have a spare stick for PS3, if you do you can come round to my place with Kelvin for a jam if you want. If you don't have a PS3 stick my TE stick should be turning up in the next couple of weeks and then I'll have two. PM me your cell number bro and we'll try and hook something up.

Fuck dude, that would be mint. I know Kelvin would be down. I don't have a PS3 stick...but we could just bring round the X-Box wif our two sticks.....if there's a will there's a way.... ;)
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

DVS

Quote from: hydrokinesis on July 24, 2009, 03:03:34 PM
Quote from: ILL_BILL on July 24, 2009, 01:05:21 PM
I overtrained, and i have now got into the habit of using the focus WAAAAY too much, and throwing my matches out the window.

Case in point: 2 rounds up against simon, then started overusing the focus, and ate like 4 j.hk -> TIGER UPPERCUT and ended up losing.

Fuck i hate getting worse. >_<

Well, it's encouraging to hear you know where you're going wrong. I'm sure you'll be more conscious of it now, and that's really all that it takes to eliminate bad habits from your play.

It's kinda like people and the wake up sho00000ryu0000ken or wake up Boxer headbutts, just forget about the move all together, train yourself NOT to do it, seriously it'll force you to utilize your character in other ways that don't rely on high risk guessing games and stupid gambles. It also does something for people who are at an intermediate level and often miss: Introspective analysis: critiquing your own playstyle strengths and most importantly your oversights and weaknesses.

That's good advice man -I'll take that on board. Gotta let my bud Budafist know....he's always like - Firepunch!!!!...nah to tell the truth he's a bit more selective wif it now....just a bit though.

DVS

Quote from: CoffinDrop1 on July 25, 2009, 12:18:54 AM
Just thought I would share my first time experience playing SF4 at Yifans while we are talking about it. Was about 3 weeks ago now. Rocked up during lunchtime, was really looking forward to seeing what the actual arcade game was like. I gotta say when I found it I was thinking to myself that it looked pretty old and the screen was pretty fuzzy too.

It was funny there was an Asian guy wearing glasses playing Zangief and knowing that I had very little time I thought I had to get in a quick game and run. I put my $2 bucks in and pressed start and selected the option to challenge. A young maori fulla came up to me and said "oh you challenging this guy! - he's been on it for ages, I've been waiting to play but I aint gonna challenge him!" I laughed and said "Gotta give it a bash aye."

It was faster than console play on the PS3 which took a bit of getting used to. Actually it was quite a good fight when it came down to it - his Zangief was good and I was thinking man I havent played a Zangief that uses so many of his light attacks. I lost and I popped my head over and said "Good game man" the asian guy nodded his head in acknowlegdement. The Maori fulla said "Close bro!" I laughed cos I got skooled in the last round.

I didnt think much of the arcade set up at Yifans for SF4 and hope that they upgrade it and do it justice. It wasnt till I saw the vids at Xlan that I recognised I played against the man himself. The final Damager!

True, he's ruthless as. I enjoy challenging someone who puts you under pressure...still there ain't many holes in his armour....any advince out there for a 'Ryu - Gief' match up?...apart from the obvious...keep-away....