• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Serious Street Fighter Training!

Started by Lennysaurus, July 14, 2009, 10:28:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lennysaurus

How are you guys getting serious for Street Fighter!?

I have given up playing online at the moment.  With my mains at least, due to lag affecting my timimng in offline games.  Im organizing with one or two of the more hardout players to meet somewhere once a week so we can practice hardout.  This includes taping and analysing matches.

I'm also dedicating 2 hours every other night to execution training.  This will be mostly for El Fuerte, and getting my RSF up to 6 hits from a focus attack?

How hardcore are you guys getting with your training?

I'm interested in finding like minded people that are keen to level up.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

HoneyBadger

Smoof is srs! You can tell cause I sometimes get angry now =P Really I just need to play more people of every character so I can do as Leo and Kevin told me and L2 be offensive
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

iMagneto

yes im keen cuz my bison got a serious face called "Nighmare Booster DAMAGER!"

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Also keen. I get 4-5 hits on RSF consistantly, and my record is 8, but fuck, seeing poongko get 10 hits without putting much effort in has given me a target goal. Id put in a lot more hours of execution training if i didnt spend roughly 5/7 nights a week at my GF's place. ie. no SF4 :(

Im trying not to get TOO serious. I dont want to rock up on tournament day with a head full of precious data, only to realise that good stuff doesnt work on flowchart ken, and subsequently get an embarrassing loss to someone terrible.

RSF at this point is the least of my concerns. Im confident enough with it to put it behind footsies/fundamentals in terms of training, since that is my weak point. (2-4 hits of RSF in a real match is fine for me at this point.) I leave too many openings, and generally lose to stupid stuff/basic punishment.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Hydro

Quote from: Lennysaurus Rex on July 14, 2009, 10:28:07 AM
How are you guys getting serious for Street Fighter!?

I have given up playing online at the moment.  With my mains at least, due to lag affecting my timimng in offline games.  Im organizing with one or two of the more hardout players to meet somewhere once a week so we can practice hardout.  This includes taping and analysing matches.

I'm also dedicating 2 hours every other night to execution training.  This will be mostly for El Fuerte, and getting my RSF up to 6 hits from a focus attack?

How hardcore are you guys getting with your training?

I'm interested in finding like minded people that are keen to level up.

At least four hours a day with Viper combos in different situaitons (all morning usually). FFF, inst sjc Bk, strings, links and counter links, everything I can do to get my execution near perfect, including timing on different characters. I often set cpu to record and go through different senarios for tech throw and blocking pressure strings too.

Count me in for the meet up bro, you know I'm only 10 mins away. ;)

stereomonkey

Quote from: iMagneto on July 14, 2009, 10:41:51 AM
yes im keen cuz my bison got a serious face called "Nighmare Booster DAMAGER!"

fixed ;)
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

Lennysaurus

Im really really serious about this.  I want to headover to Australia next year and take a team over, to show the aussies what we are made of.  And am only interested in taking over a team that is seriously competitive and there to win.

XLAN has really spurred me on regards street fighter IV.

BILL:  I am likely going to start maining fuerte and using gouken and gen as backups.  I have come across alot of sweet stuff for fuerte,and I believe that his game plan doesnt have to rely pn a set of 50/50 decisions.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

zos'la

good to see you guys going serious.
its amazing that you practice so much James. good to see you tryign so hard.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

HoneyBadger

Quote from: Lennysaurus Rex on July 14, 2009, 11:56:30 AM
Im really really serious about this.  I want to headover to Australia next year and take a team over, to show the aussies what we are made of.  And am only interested in taking over a team that is seriously competitive and there to win.

I think a good idea for this would be holding some ranbat sort of things as well, maybe chart up wins against people and what chars they were using. I noticed that a lot of you guys were getting the competitive jitters when playing and missing shit that I've really never seen you guys miss before. I guess this comes into what you were saying at xlan about Simon and Kevin really training whereas a lot of the time we're not really taking the matches that seriously. If I go I'll put on my serious face and treat it like I do arena
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: Lennysaurus Rex on July 14, 2009, 11:56:30 AM

BILL:  I am likely going to start maining fuerte and using gouken and gen as backups.  I have come across alot of sweet stuff for fuerte,and I believe that his game plan doesnt have to rely pn a set of 50/50 decisions.

Sounds like you've been watching Tetsu and TKD too? Best fuerte's in the world IMO.

But yea, thats why i didnt drop him for ryu/sagat in the end. I'm trying to change up my playstyle to stop relying on guesswork, but old habits die hard unfortunately. I want to learn the c.mk loop for the hell of it, but the timing on that shit is HELL strict.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

kingpiccolo

if you guys to head over these ways ill def take annual from work and meet up with yous.

Cr8zyK1LL3r

Quote from: Smoofikith on July 14, 2009, 12:35:37 PM
I guess this comes into what you were saying at xlan about Simon and Kevin really training whereas a lot of the time we're not really taking the matches that seriously. If I go I'll put on my serious face and treat it like I do arena

Before Xlan, Simon and Kevin always asked me and Cody to train with them. But whenever we went to Giga, we ended up playing Computer games for over 5 hours and SF4 for 1 hour. lol.....

Cr8zyK1LL3r

Quote from: hydrokinesis on July 14, 2009, 11:27:18 AM
At least four hours a day with Viper combos in different situaitons(all morning usually). FFF, inst sjc Bk, strings, links and counter links, everything I can do to get my execution near perfect, including timing on different characters. I often set cpu to record and go through different senarios for tech throw and blocking pressure strings too.
Are you planning to defeat Daigo and Justin Wong ??

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

Quote from: Cr8zyK1LL3r on July 14, 2009, 02:12:52 PM
Quote from: hydrokinesis on July 14, 2009, 11:27:18 AM
At least four hours a day with Viper combos in different situaitons(all morning usually). FFF, inst sjc Bk, strings, links and counter links, everything I can do to get my execution near perfect, including timing on different characters. I often set cpu to record and go through different senarios for tech throw and blocking pressure strings too.
Are you planning to defeat Daigo and Justin Wong ??

if i owned it, id be doing alot more then that lol :P
The New Generation Clockw0rk