• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Pre-release Super Street Fighter IV details

Started by iMagneto, September 20, 2009, 12:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Bro all Gen needs drunken style. that is all.

Oh wait, and a fb, same properties as dhalsims. OhhhYYeeaahh!!!!!!
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

iMagneto

Bison 2nd ultra...similar style as SF3 Alex, Stun gun..
and easy to perform it..I hate the charge key!

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: iMagneto on January 12, 2010, 12:30:34 AM

Yea its like fuerte's ultra. I wonder if Bison will be able to control the distance?
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Hydro

Quote from: ILL_BILL on January 12, 2010, 12:42:06 AM
Quote from: iMagneto on January 12, 2010, 12:30:34 AM

Yea its like fuerte's ultra. I wonder if Bison will be able to control the distance?

According to reports he can control the distance, albeit at a lesser range than Fuerte's. Apparently it has ample inv on start up, grabs quick, but like Fuerte's can be jumped out of unless you're mid-move etc etc etc.

DVS

WTF is up with Rose's second Ultra? that shit is useless to me.....I hope they see it right to give her at least 1 FADC into her old one..... :-X

Also a bit more leniency with the reflects - her soul sparks were shit (slow start up) at least give her a decent reflect..... ;)

Soul throw was "okay"...I got used to the timing....but I want a clash hit when it goes up against another anti-air... ;)

I know she'll never be as awesome as she was in Alpha 3...but a few minor changes would be ace......you hear me Capcom!   ::)
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

Barnstorm

so what is the start up on raging demon?
just as a comparison to the other grab ultras

and for sim ive been thinkin his new ultra could work like his old one except normal fire ball teleport to ultra

two of my characters seem to have gotten a good beefing up

Hydro

Quote from: DVS on January 12, 2010, 08:55:55 AM

I know she'll never be as awesome as she was in Alpha 2...but a few minor changes would be ace......you hear me Capcom!   ::)

fixed.

o.k, I kinda get the visceral response to her UII (Soul Satellite) as I thought the same when I first saw it, but after reading people who actually used the move it seems like it has tons of potential, works like this:

Rose get's two Soul orbs flying around her for an unlimited time. The Two orbs wil only disappear when they touch an opponent. However, The Orbs have juggle properties, meaning you can do things such as, IIRC, (as reported/speculated by a couple of attendees) j,hk, cls.hp XX hp.Reflect FADC Ultra II (One Orb juggles) Ex.Soul Spiral (The other Orb Juggles) Soul throw.

UII also acts as a shield against attackers, for instance if your opponent tries a jump in (or attack you at all), the Orb(s) hit and allow for juggles/counter hit combos (soul throw etc) afterwards. Yes they don't do huge damage (Around 150 each by accounts) but they have implications beyond just damage which can only add to the strategy of Rose's gameplan.

Rose's UII is a little like Juri's UI (Feng Shui Engine) where if you're used to getting immediate free damage you're going to be disappointed. These new types of Ultras are meant to enhance the differing strats available to these characters, Juri's in particular has some very good implications for incredible mix-ups (linking overheads into low attacks into launching moves) and I suspect the players reaching a higher level of play with these two characters will be the ones who have invested their interest in these unique Ultra abilities.

You know I'm gonna be riding the Feng Shui Engine with Juri, I tell you this now. ;)

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: Barnstorm on January 12, 2010, 08:58:47 AM
so what is the start up on raging demon?
just as a comparison to the other grab ultras

and for sim ive been thinkin his new ultra could work like his old one except normal fire ball teleport to ultra

two of my characters seem to have gotten a good beefing up
Bro the RD is cut. The other grab ultra's will be like Fuerte's and Giefs. And I dont know what the frames of those are.

All i know is RD start up is uniquely balls. It might actually be like el fuertes though actually.

edit: lol, two ' actually's', i woke up drunk again.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Lennysaurus

Yeah  james,  roses new ulra looks real good.  Someone is gonna find something broken with it.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

electric

Giefs is 0 frames. If you don't jump before the flash, you're getting piledriven. Akumas super is the same

Akumas ultra has 4 frames of start up (jumpable before the flash, and Abel can even command throw AFTER the flash since TT has throw invulnerability)
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: electric on January 12, 2010, 09:58:24 AM
Giefs is 0 frames. If you don't jump before the flash, you're getting piledriven. Akumas super is the same

Akumas ultra has 4 frames of start up (jumpable before the flash, and Abel can even command throw AFTER the flash since TT has throw invulnerability)
Fuck, yeah true, 0 frames is ruthless. LOL.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

To add to what james said, the orbs also negate fireballs(and disappear)

Think of it like Athena's super from kof(if you ever played any of that series) but rose can move while the balls are active.

Another comparison could be to striders ouroboros in marvel, but they dont shoot shit, and negate on hit.

Or to oro's rock super in 3rd strike.

I personally like it. Its different. Its not just a big damaging move like every other ultra in the game, barring Juri's. It gives Rose some different options that are unique to her character when she has this ultra. Tonnes of potential uses. Definitely not useless.

<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

CrazyMobius

Quote from: The Lenny 2.0 on January 11, 2010, 10:59:57 PM
Fuck Yeah!!!

Gen gets the following:

*Super fast Oga like back in alpha2/3
*Faster roley poley punch move like back in alpha 2/3
*Hands requires less button presses to input now! YAY!
*FUCKING CHAIN COMBOS ARE BACK WOOOOOOOOOOOOOTT!!!!!!

Fuck hes gonna be like his alpha 3 styles again i hope... gonna be awesome!

Definitely be picking him up again by the looks of it.. and still looking forward to Guy!

Such enthusiasm is heart warming.

zos'la

does that mean when rose got those orbs, jump ins are useless? or pokes? what does it cost to
use teh skill ?_?
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

Hydro

Quote from: zosla on January 12, 2010, 10:51:54 AM
does that mean when rose got those orbs, jump ins are useless? or pokes? what does it cost to
use teh skill ?_?

It's her ultra II: Soul Satelite. And Yes, for the most part, it makes Pokes and jump ins much less attractive vs her. :D3

Lenny: Also Gen's Mantis jump is higher, and his c.mp in Crane is 'better' someone said 'seemed slower' but a couple others said 'much better'. Death touch is one of his Ultra II: Does like the Alpha style puches then touches their forhead, and their life goes down continuously (focus abosrb "grey" style) by about 40%, meaning one follow up hit on 'em in that state and *boom* all that life is gone. Sounds awesome.