• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

Pre-release Super Street Fighter IV details

Started by iMagneto, September 20, 2009, 12:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barnstorm

if that is the case fuerte is back where he was with the original ultra waiting for the oponent to do something to counter

i really hope its not

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

I see a myriad of ways to connect that ultra, on the proviser that you can jump out of it on reaction if its at point blank range. Not really in combo's, but its potential is incredible.

Ticks into it for one could be really strong. Since the motion isnt a 720, it actually makes it quite a plausible option. And there would be hundreds of windows for it, given that fuerte can basically do a blockstring forever with his RSlowforward and f.mk. But im aware that even gief cant really do this, and ive personally never been 'ticked into ultra' or even seen it, so it may not play out like that. I actually have a feeling it wont, since the game doesnt even work that way now, but a guy can dream cant he?

Lots of tricks would aid it as well. Like leo said earlier, EX run --> stop -> ultra. Even maybe a Q-bomb FADC ultra perhaps? Backrun -> stop -> empty jump -> ultra. (Stopping and empty jumping looks the same as going for a tortilla or a splash, so lets say you trick them into blocking the splash, then they eat the ultra.) Option selecting it off of a J.HP would also punish people who like to backdash on wakeup, which is generally a good tool to use to escape fuertes okizime options. All fuerte has to do to land it is get in close. And with his mobility, that is NOT going to be a problem.

RSF -> stop -> ultra. I often mix my rsf up into a stop. Only really when i know my opponent is mashing DP. Block DP = free ultra. But in saying that, if it combos properly ill probably shit myself. (But it wont, because its a grab.

Given its range and depending on invincibility it could find itself as an ok anti-air. (say they whiff something in the air, fuerte ultras, and they land on it at the tip of the slide etc) Same as raging demon works now. But because hes sliding, he might be too low to get hit out of it by some jump ins. (I often slide jump ins, which whiff, and give me a free throw attempt. Not recommended though, since more than half the time you WILL get hit out of it)

When fuerte has ultra, it means the opponent is going to want to jump to avoid that shit, which opens up damage options from guac, airthrow, c.hp -> mixup.

Mostly what im stoked about is it finally gives fuerte an answer to block strings and pressure. Match ups like rufus/balrog/akuma are his worst because of the free rushdown those characters have on him. (Runaway akuma can give fuerte trouble as well, but not NEARLY as much as an aggressive akuma) Currently our only option is to run away, and hope we dont get caught in one again.

With this, we actually have something that discourages opponents exploiting a weakness, which is fantastic.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

geneterror

Quote from: ILL_BILL on January 12, 2010, 02:51:47 PMTicks into it for one could be really strong. Since the motion isnt a 720, it actually makes it quite a plausible option. And there would be hundreds of windows for it, given that fuerte can basically do a blockstring forever with his RSlowforward and f.mk. But im aware that even gief cant really do this, and ive personally never been 'ticked into ultra' or even seen it, so it may not play out like that.
I have had someone do crossup splash, cr.lk into Ultra on me with Zangief. I can do it it training but can't do it in a fight yet.
KOW 2011

Hydro

Adon's Jaguar Avalanche is fuckin win. 

That is all.

CrazyMobius

Quote from: DVS on January 12, 2010, 11:41:26 AM

I can now see the uses for it...but like Zolsa mentioned...a couple of fireballs will eat them...you'd have to be attacking to make the most of them...

But Rose WANTS you to fireball her as she can absord or reflect! Sooo Power Fantasy that Ultra.

[8-----D] Toots

Quote from: fluxcore on January 12, 2010, 01:43:14 PM
That's not what Gilley told me, but yeah I thought so too. Actually I think Gino made it work with super fireball.

Damn now I have to test this

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: Toomeke on January 12, 2010, 03:36:41 PM
Quote from: fluxcore on January 12, 2010, 01:43:14 PM
That's not what Gilley told me, but yeah I thought so too. Actually I think Gino made it work with super fireball.

Damn now I have to test this
You dont have to test it, the weazzy has spoken.

And super fireball? Pwah. Never. I repeat, '' No counter Ultra, EX DP, OR teleport''. Thats what i've tried in the past. No need to try shit like ex fb's,super fb's, and throws.

edit: on reaction obv, not anticipation. I've had a few beewahs, so i'm probably not sounding as clear as i think.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

fluxcore

The reason throw was mentioned was because Gino was thrown OUT of zangief's ultra by an Akuma in the arcade, which sparked the whole discussion.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: fluxcore on January 12, 2010, 03:47:49 PM
The reason throw was mentioned was because Gino was thrown OUT of zangief's ultra by an Akuma in the arcade, which sparked the whole discussion.
True. Hamilton arcades are broken.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

electric

Quote from: fluxcore on January 12, 2010, 03:47:49 PM

Does Zangiefs ultra have throw invulnerability ? if it doesn't, that would explain it, assuming Akuma hit throw before the Ultra freeze
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

fluxcore

That wouldn't explain it if your postulation that Zangief's ultra is 0 frame is true. But yeah, that's what I thought as well. Then I asked Gilley and he said there are a few things that can be done on reaction after the ultra freeze, including ex fireball. I think Gino couldn't replicate it with ex fireball, but succeeded with super.

But anyway, this is completely tangential to the discussion at hand.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

DVS

Haha, I usually eat a Grief Ultra at close range....light hurricane if already in the air perhaps could escape it....I remember seeing a vid where some fulla was dragon punching literally every character out of their Ultras....wouldn't wana try it though.

It's similar to the vid where Guile air throws everybody out of basically every move....

just my 2 cents....
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Sounds like Gino's stalling out on the chronic Flux.

And you can ex DP through nearly every Ultra (NOT GIEF). Thats why you dont try to chip dmg kill them. Have you not tried that before DVS ?

massi4h

Yes you can beat Gief's ultra with another Gief ultra or anything, like raging demon. But you have to be in prejump frames. So if you jump just before the flash you can cancel your prejump into anything and beat his ultra. If you do nothing before the flash you lose.

Everyone has prejump frames, iirc Zangief has 6 which is why his standing spds are pretty easy to do. Average is about 3 frames iirc.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: massi4h on January 12, 2010, 04:39:39 PM
Yes you can beat Gief's ultra with another Gief ultra or anything, like raging demon. But you have to be in prejump frames. So if you jump just before the flash you can cancel your prejump into anything and beat his ultra. If you do nothing before the flash you lose.

Everyone has prejump frames, iirc Zangief has 6 which is why his standing spds are pretty easy to do. Average is about 3 frames iirc.
Umm yeah, we were talking about after the flash. I can name a million things to do before the flash lol.

Ask me try something right now if you's are too lazy/noob.