• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Pre-release Super Street Fighter IV details

Started by iMagneto, September 20, 2009, 12:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Ryu vs Rog is in Ryu's favour. Pretty sure this has been discussed before.

But yea. I use him as a benchmark because hes a strong all-round character.

Naturally everyone likes the Akuma nerf except Akuma players. :P But it IS justified.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

massi4h

Akuma is always high risk, high reward though. I mean look at his stamina. He only works in really high level play. He didn't need to be nerfed I thought he was really well balanced. I guess he does give Abel and I guess Fuerte a hard time, but there are a million worse matchups.

I mean tiger uppercut fadc high step kick ultra does more damage than this (by percentage anyway) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TK3MAOZNafo

CrazyMobius

Quote from: The Lenny 2.0 on January 13, 2010, 02:12:31 PM
To me its looking like the new characters are all gonna be much harder to master than most the old ones.  I can see alot of people attempting to pick up some of the newer characters, giving them up, and heading back to ryu/sagat/etc.

Yep I agree. It could be the same people though that will stop playing after a couple of months.

I'm looking at the game as just a more balanced version of the game we already have with better online play. And everything else is just a bloody nice bonus!

Barnstorm

Akuma has a great rush down and a great runaway with or with out that kick

and that kick was one of his most broken moves
and i wouldnt exactly call him balanced hes kind of like storm form mvc2 most characters wont catch him if he runs and only character with comparable rush down is rufus

[8-----D] Toots

Quote from: massi4h on January 13, 2010, 02:40:23 PM
Akuma is always high risk, high reward though. I mean look at his stamina. He only works in really high level play. He didn't need to be nerfed I thought he was really well balanced. I guess he does give Abel and I guess Fuerte a hard time, but there are a million worse matchups.

I mean tiger uppercut fadc high step kick ultra does more damage than this (by percentage anyway) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TK3MAOZNafo

Akuma has some of the best runaway tools in the game. You can't say he is weak on defense just by looking at his stamina. His retarded teleport avoids so much knockdown and blockstring mixup that almost everyone else has to deal with. Imo his teleport the way it is now is like him having 1100 stamina. Its fucking brain dead at times.

Hydro

Quote from: The Lenny 2.0 on January 13, 2010, 02:12:31 PM
I can see alot of people attempting to pick up some of the newer characters, giving them up, and heading back to ryu/sagat/etc.

I say let them, all the more fame and notoriety for those of us who (have and will) stick with them in the long run.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Man, anyone can master these chars. Just need to take the time. And stick with the one char if you dont have enough time.

The only reason i wont pick a char is if the look gay/queer/fucking rude looking. At first i didnt even like picking chicks or Rufus in sf4. But then i got use to them, so dont really mind.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

DVS

I'll probably have a jam wif my main first thing...see what they've changed....have a winge & a cry or embrace it...whatev's  ::)

Then try all of the new characters out....if that shit sticks then I might pick one....

It's more fun when you can use a few in the roster instead of sticking to the tried and true eh..... :D
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: DVS on January 13, 2010, 04:05:17 PM
I'll probably have a jam wif my main first thing...see what they've changed....have a winge & a cry or embrace it...whatev's  ::)

Then try all of the new characters out....if that shit sticks then I might pick one....

It's more fun when you can use a few in the roster instead of sticking to the tried and true eh..... :D

Depends. Its more fun using fuerte than the entire cast currently. :P
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: ILL_BILL on January 13, 2010, 04:10:17 PM
Quote from: DVS on January 13, 2010, 04:05:17 PM

Depends. Its more fun using fuerte than the entire cast currently. :P
WB Fuerte and the entire cast? More Fun.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

samurai black

i just picked chun and stuck with it sf4. mostly cause im a big fan of those legs, and then not bothering to learn anyone else. im hoping with ssf4, hope i can find someone else to use

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: fluxcore on January 13, 2010, 05:13:07 PM
Why? KIKOSHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Yeah he ditches her, just when she looks to be real strong lol. I think she'll be S Tier for sure.

[NIUE]iRONSoL

alriiite things looking good for t.hawk

after all those years at the bottom :D

ITS THE YEAR OF THE CANADIAN TROLL BIZNATCH!!!
pringles

stereomonkey

"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"