• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Pre-release Super Street Fighter IV details

Started by iMagneto, September 20, 2009, 12:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

samurai black

Quote from: ILL_BILL on January 25, 2010, 11:03:59 AM
Next dev blog? is on the 26th. And according to the last one, theres a 'big announcement'

better see some fucking 3S characters.

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Jackin some dudes post from SRK. Hes probably right on the money though. In order of most likely to least likely announcement (And, coincidentally, least awesome to most awesome.)

1. Some special edition deal. Artbook and some stickers for an extra $20.

2. Release date announcement.

3. Character reveals

4. Plans for arcade release

5. Combination of #3 AND #4. 
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

jpb123

Quote from: ILL_BILL on January 25, 2010, 01:25:29 PM
Jackin some dudes post from SRK. Hes probably right on the money though. In order of most likely to least likely announcement (And, coincidentally, least awesome to most awesome.)

1. Some special edition deal. Artbook and some stickers for an extra $20.

3. Character reveals

4. Plans for arcade release

5. Combination of #3 AND #4. 

*6. announcement PC version*

fixed

( i wish )  :'(

CrazyMobius

Quote from: ILL_BILL on January 25, 2010, 01:25:29 PM

This is the most exciting aspect to me.

fluxcore

Actually yeah, release date is the only one that interests me... and only because planning events around some unknown date is a pain in the ass. Certainly not because I want to play it.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

jpb123

Anyone know the time they will do the announcement ?

CrazyMobius

Quote from: fluxcore on January 25, 2010, 03:33:54 PM
Actually yeah, release date is the only one that interests me... and only because planning events around some unknown date is a pain in the ass. Certainly not because I want to play it.

Man it must be pretty stink for you guys that don't like this series. Considering everyone else is having a great time playing it. I hope something comes out for you soon too.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: CrazyMobius on January 25, 2010, 08:46:32 PM
Quote from: fluxcore on January 25, 2010, 03:33:54 PM

Man it must be pretty stink for you guys that don't like this series. Considering everyone else is having a great time playing it. I hope something comes out for you soon too.
What you mean like T6.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

stereomonkey

Quote from: CrazyMobius on January 25, 2010, 08:46:32 PM

I'm really interested in this next installment.  I may not take it to the serious level but I'm sure I will have fun with it, more so than the current one :)
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Man, i had a dream last night that Dudley was in Vanilla as a secret character. Everyone was like wholly shit wholly fucking shit. Then i proceeded to main him, and i've never even played with him or 3s for that matter. LMFAO.

Now I'm gonna have to main him. Man thats a fucking embarrassing dream. I should be dreaming about pussy or killing cops.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

CrazyMobius

Quote from: stereomonkey on January 25, 2010, 09:44:47 PM

I'm really interested in this next installment.  I may not take it to the serious level but I'm sure I will have fun with it, more so than the current one :)

Yeah I'm sure most of the peeps that are bad mouthing the game will still buy it and secretly play it at home lol.

fluxcore

Oh of course I'll buy it, I've said that from the start. And of course I'll try it out, *maybe* I'll even like it... but I seriously doubt it's going to be sufficiently different to SF4 to make me really want to play it properly. Even Seth Killian said that people who don't like SF4 probably won't like this either.

Plenty of other games I can play anyway. And here in Hamilton, the level of competition is roughly the same for everything. Including tattoo assassins.

fluxcore

Well duh, even if only to bring my HD + game for tourneys/events I need to have it.