• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

Pre-release Super Street Fighter IV details

Started by iMagneto, September 20, 2009, 12:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluxcore

I dunno, makoto bnb xx PMS xx ultra for 75% is pretty good...
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

zos'la

Both me and simon will be going ibuki, as Simon will be teaching me her gimicks xD I will also pick Guy/ Juri and Mokoto.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

samurai black

DVS

Quote from: samurai black on March 07, 2010, 01:01:02 PM
im gonna play everyone </mason>

:P

word -I'm guna give everyone a go...but as it was mentioned Dudley looks like a beast......can't wait to have a jam with Deejay.....

True Bill Makato will be strong -high damage & stun...but I dunno her play style doesn't look dynamic enough for me.......Ibuki looks like fun, was good to actually have someone wif skills walking us through......Seth K needs to step back a bit his walkthroughs were lame.....
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

fluxcore

I think Seth and Justin (or whoever paid Justin) probably have slightly different people they are trying to pitch to.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: zosla on March 07, 2010, 12:50:57 PM
Both me and simon will be going ibuki, as Simon will be teaching me her gimicks xD I will also pick Guy/ Juri and Mokoto.

Im gonna have to get in on those Ibuki lessons.

And yea, makoto actually looks more and more interesting the more i look at her.

Guy looks fun too. And Dee Jay looks like hes going to be solid. All in all im pretty happy with the new characters so far. Hawk looks the least interesting, but we'll see how that plays out.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

massi4h

Yeah I'm gonna play everyone.

Tbh the 3s characters interest me alot more than the other returning characters. After watching Justin's videos I'm real hyped for especially learning the 3. Give me some time and I'll probably pick up the other characters for a bit. But of course it's pretty much guaranteed for me to be rocking out the Akuma.

DVS

Quote from: massi4h on March 07, 2010, 08:22:27 PM
Yeah I'm gonna play everyone.

Tbh the 3s characters interest me alot more than the other returning characters. After watching Justin's videos I'm real hyped for especially learning the 3. Give me some time and I'll probably pick up the other characters for a bit. But of course it's pretty much guaranteed for me to be rocking out the Akuma.

you guna be rocking out that 'sweet' new Akuma Ultra too?......haha Yeah I expect to also be rocking a bit of Ryu.......that new Metsu Shoryuken Ultra is the damager...will give him properties similar to Ken in SF4 (jump ins)...will be interesting to see if you can FADC into full animation for it...looks like it has quite a bit of range for pokes too

Anyone seen anymore vids with the wall bouce property? I noticed Goukens 2nd Ultra bounces opponents back towards him after connecting expect Tetsu's & EX projectile juggles after this.....Juri also seems to have some sorta aerial kick which wall bounces....wonder how this property will effect SF4 corner style combos -is the opponent 'only' bounced out after certain moves or could this be a way for them to freed up from corner pressure?

DVS

Quote from: fluxcore on March 07, 2010, 07:11:42 PM
I think Seth and Justin (or whoever paid Justin) probably have slightly different people they are trying to pitch to.

Agreed -just meant his execution...he's like..."and you can do this"..and it takes him like three or four goes....

budafist

I feel at a disadvantage having skipped both Alpha and 3S now that these characters are included.

Im gona base my character decision on how cool I think they are.
and a high damage little karate girl seems pretty cool. Guy seems gangsta enough also.

either that or wait for the tier list and pick the top 1.
The motherfucken answer lies in the heart of motherfucken battle!

massi4h

Actually there is speculation atm that you can land Akuma's U2 after a shoryu to EX fadc backwards. If so then it will be bloody viable and people will bitch. And I will laugh while landing it.

Gamogo

Quote from: massi4h on March 07, 2010, 10:16:33 PM
Actually there is speculation atm that you can land Akuma's U2 after a shoryu to EX fadc backwards. If so then it will be bloody viable and people will bitch. And I will laugh while landing it.

I actually spent some time in training mode last night practising the required inputs. Dashing backwards takes a bit of mental wrangling (as it flies in the face of what we're normally accustomed to doing) but what's cool is that (provided this is even possible) if you fuck it up, you simply stand there after a FADC, or you neutral jump. Basically, you remain safe if your execution goes pear shaped.

Naturally we lose two stocks, but Akuma builds that shit like fastfood franchises.

I really hope this is possible. I'm yet to see it demonstrated but when that dude said on SRK "you have to back dash" I almost heard a chorus of "Ooooooh" erupt from the thread because it was probably the ONLY setup everyone hadn't thought of.
"A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism."

- Carl Sagan

http://gamogo.wordpress.com

massi4h

Yeah man and awesome that you're posting here. Our akuma mirrors online are awesome. And I've picked up heaps of tricks from you since I've started going online after Christmas (got my stick then).

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Haha it will be so awesome if the tasmanian devil becomes the ultra of choice.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Gamogo

Quote from: massi4h on March 07, 2010, 10:39:18 PM
Yeah man and awesome that you're posting here. Our akuma mirrors online are awesome. And I've picked up heaps of tricks from you since I've started going online after Christmas (got my stick then).

They are indeed :D

Akuma mirror matches are crazy. What's funny is that he deals perhaps a little bit too much damage for himself to handle - so if you get an opening and punish hard, the round can end very quickly :D

I'm actually surprised at how good a connection I get via the Xbox to NZ. The PS3 is a little bit laggier in comparison whereas the Xbox is very playable.
"A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism."

- Carl Sagan

http://gamogo.wordpress.com