• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

Pre-release Super Street Fighter IV details

Started by iMagneto, September 20, 2009, 12:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

God, i AM aware of that.

MORE aggressive than SF4 does not mean AN AGGRESSIVE GAME.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Chuckk

Quote from: ILL_BILL on April 04, 2010, 05:43:27 PM
God, i AM aware of that.

huh? that wasn't a personal go at you or anything.

Speaking for myself, I was just meaning around the internet, srk, thoughts from people who have a early copy etc. A lot of people getting a bit happy on predictions for characters who have a nice combo and set-up or 2, thinking it's the end of the world for everyone else.

I agree with you though, I think it is going to be a more aggressive game. at least, the new characters especially seem to be geared towards that.

One more thing, Ibuki might not struggle too much to get in, because even though she's use to parries, if you're a parry reliant ibuki in 3s you're an idiot, or psychic. You can't really play her like you can Dudley, where risks are always truly worth the reward. However, she has tools to get in and to keep away, but I don't think she will be Akuma status at keep away.

It'll be interesting to see how Ibuki's opt to play 6 months down the line.

one more thing again, hah.
Anyone seen info on the startup for Guy's grab Ultra, or Ibuki's grab ultra?
I've seen the LOLZ Honda grab, wondering if the same terrible properties apply to the other new grab ultras.
RAP GAME MIKE MYERS

"It's only the 360 version that is late.  PS3 version will ship on time."

-Lenny

samurai black

DVS

Quote from: boringryu on April 04, 2010, 04:59:54 PM
I think people are jumping on the 3rd Strike character train a little quick here as far as how good they will be goes.

I think it's going to be close to the same thing with Ibuki. She isn't going to suck, sure. But you can't go all 99 seconds without getting hit, and just like in 3rd Strike every time you do get hit, it decreases your chance of winning with her 10 fold.

To be fair we have seen a lot of game play videos on the third strikers - Dudley will be boss trust me. Every comment I've read so far suggests this.  :)

Traditionally female characters don't have the most stamina -but that didn't stop top level Viper players dominating in Sf4....ibuki will be a strong character a good mix between Akuma and Viper in the right hands she will be dangerous...... ;) Justin Wongs intro video demonstrates how versatile she can be....cross up Kunai on wake up, super jump cancels, target combo into Ultra...

Makato deals the most damage of any character in SSF4 -her grab into Super cancel Ultra is a huge damage dealer -granted she will have problems getting in..... :-X

Going 99 seconds without getting hit happens quite often dude.....PERFECT!  ;) Of course getting hit decreases your chance of winning -but thats a given.....
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

HoneyBadger

Quote from: ILL_BILL on April 04, 2010, 05:43:27 PM
God, i AM aware of that.

=_=;;
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

Will

"It's official. SUPER STREET FIGHTER IV for ARCADES! <3"

Dont know if its been mentioned before, but this via Markmans Twitter account.

http://twitter.com/MarkMan23

Who isnt surprised thats the real question? Would have been dumb if they didnt....
Learning....

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

yus at the end of the jap stream on before ono announced it
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

CptMunta

Quote from: Will on April 04, 2010, 08:04:52 PM
"It's official. SUPER STREET FIGHTER IV for ARCADES! <3"

Dont know if its been mentioned before, but this via Markmans Twitter account.

http://twitter.com/MarkMan23

Who isnt surprised thats the real question? Would have been dumb if they didnt....

Please Capcom, Please make some cabs which have 2 players on the same side so arcades outside of japan can afford to import it.

Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Awww, i know noone was digging at me. Im not even sure why i posted such a dumb response.

Anyway, apparently Guy's grab is pretty good. I read somewhere that he can run -> stop -> grab, which is awesome. Dont quote me on that though. It seems a little TOO good.

Quote from: samurai black on April 04, 2010, 06:09:32 PM
IM ANGRY

Oh shit, he realised he's a black guy.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

zos'la

Marc,
I don't think they will do the 2 players on one machine, its like out of the fashion. I mean the liekly hood of it about 20%.... but you never know!!!

I love the arcade news :) guess Kevin is back in the picture!!!
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

fluxcore

Well it's more the way SFIV implemented it, how you can have 3+ machines all playing against each other randomly. While that's nice, the necessity of having an entire machine for each setup kind of offsets it imo. I can't imagine they'll change the whole arcade networking setup for super...
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

CptMunta

^ Yeah I know it's unlikely. Tekken 6 supports it as do alot of other newer machines. Definitely the LAN network battle feature that throws the spanner in the works. I don't really think it would be that hard to implement, especially if they are porting the x360 code. But will they do it? For maybe 2 dozen or so cabs exported then spread across globe, highly unlikely. 20% chance seems optimistic almost ;)

I'm already heard that Timezone won't stock it in any of their arcades as it's too expensive and SF4 isn't making enough money  :'( Now if the boards were cheaper maybe they would give it a rethink.

Might make a thread arguing my case in SRK whats the worst that could happen?
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

Barnstorm

Quote from: CptMunta on April 06, 2010, 09:18:32 AM

I'm already heard that Timezone won't stock it in any of their arcades as it's too expensive and SF4 isn't making enough money  :'( Now if the boards were cheaper maybe they would give it a rethink.

Is this the sf4 hack or the original 2 cabs in the country?

HoneyBadger

Hack. The non-yifans boards are in Hamilton still.
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

Barnstorm

Quote from: OLEET on April 06, 2010, 11:21:13 AM
Hack. The non-yifans boards are in Hamilton still.
im not surprised they arent making money off the hack even sf4 players dont want to play that garbage hack