• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

Pre-release Super Street Fighter IV details

Started by iMagneto, September 20, 2009, 12:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DVS

Quote from: CptMunta on May 04, 2010, 01:10:06 PM
All good stuff guys,
Cheers very much  :)

I guess it's his DP reversal was what was really throwing me off and making me think he was more dangerous of a grappler, being able to DP my Pokes up close, but I guess I shouldn't be there on wakeup int first place. Come to think of it his way of dealing with FBs is no where near as frightening as giefs I suppose, condor dive mixup, as apposed to banishing fist free SPD from the right range, or EX BF knockdown from a distance.

I'll just gief it out from now on, zone and maybe take the fight to him more on wake with crossups and what not. I just was going about fighting him the complete wrong way I guess. Cheers for the input.

Good comments Munta.....Rose's cross up MK is really awesome on top of Hawk after a knock down......in and out with her quick dash speed and following up projectiles if he's waiting.....her F + HK is great too.....I'd also FADC after a projectile then activate U2 right in his face, jump over and cross up (only when I was leading)....

The guy I played online the other day had the two jab + throw thing down any close attacks or block two jabs from me then throw....any mashing up front got me in instant trouble....once I had distance he was easier to handle......

I guess he isn't scary as Gief in Vanilla or this version...just took me by surprise how quick those grabs were first time versing.....watching someone use a whole meter on EX hawk dives was mental too.....up, down then up again  :o
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

CptMunta

Quote from: DVS on May 04, 2010, 01:24:31 PM
Good comments Munta.....

I can't take credit for any of that post really. The half a page of helpful insight from everyone here pretty much said "weaker gief" then I was just paraphrasing and stating the obvious really.

As for the tick SPDs that's never been too much of an issue for me. I think it was just me trying to outpoke at point blank online which is just retarded as Stereo said. Messing up a block string is a sure fire way to get SPDed or even DPed for that matter.

Maybe we should move this to the strat section if we are still having issues with Hawk later on and we can both put our antihawk scrubbness behind us  :)

CHANGING SUBJECT! CHANGING SUBJECT! CHANGING SUBJECT! CHANGING SUBJECT! CHANGING SUBJECT!
Pick a topic:

1.Why does Deejay sound Scottish in the cutscenes?

2.Love how a member of mad gear comes out says "Oh my car!"if you smash it with Cody or Guy

3.Apparently you can play your own custom soundtrack on PS3 (Just like vanilla) But now you can do it online! (Only you can hear your tunes though)

4. Am I hearing things, or in arcade mode if you get the first hit in a match your character says something if it's a knockdown?

5.How do you choose between rival cutscenes again?

6. Loving most of the new cast. So many people picking new characters it's awesome, when someone picks a vanilla character I haven't seen in a while I kinda think "Oh yeah, that guy."

Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

samurai black

Quote from: CptMunta on May 04, 2010, 02:04:28 PM
4. Am I hearing things, or in arcade mode if you get the first hit in a match your character says something if it's a knockdown?

ive noticed that too, but didnt make the connection for knock-downs. its a nice touch, kinda like the old rival battles.

and speaking of rival battles, you can choose who you fight? cause i went through with ken before and just got rufus again.

CptMunta

It was mentioned in one of the dev blogs. Dunno which one though. You hold down some buttons somewhere and you can choose which rival cutscene you see. Unless they took it out.

xpunch

interesting i know i played through with ryu and i got ken then played through again and got sagat. i hope that theres a way you can change your rival so i can play through arcade again with all the chars that have two rivals. any1 gota list of rival battles or know who has 2 rivals?

DVS

I vaguely remember reading somewhere that the new characters only have one rival....but I could be wrong

zos'la

old chars or new chars it doesnt matter as they will become old once everyone gets to know them.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

CptMunta

According to gamefaqs:

QuoteCertain returning characters have two. To access the second one you have to hold three kick buttons from when it informs you to fight your rival to until the character portraits show up.

Might test it tonight, I love geeky easter eggs like that.  ;D

xpunch

Quote from: DVS on May 04, 2010, 02:53:14 PM
I vaguely remember reading somewhere that the new characters only have one rival....but I could be wrong

oh right i just want the achievement for playing every rival battle on med or higher as it was fun playing through with all the chars on hardest, i like adons rival battle scene with sagat lol he trys so hard to hit sagat and sagats like get outa here fool and hakan hondas scene is funny az

Quote from: CptMunta on May 04, 2010, 02:55:18 PM
According to gamefaqs:

Might test it tonight, I love geeky easter eggs like that.  ;D
shot gna get on it now lol

B BOY DRAW2

Yeah...Gully got Bison when I finished it on medium...then Abel when on the hardest difficulty.
I bliss...like the fist...of the mantis...
Those who oppose get dropped and hit the canvas.

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

rats still get rufus with ken , wanna challenge ryu lol

get sagt and sometimes ken when playing with ryu
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

CrazyMobius

Quote from: zosla on May 04, 2010, 08:21:43 AM
Play against Crazy Mobius's Hawk and didn't find too much trouble after I understand what sorted char he is.

Well that's pretty insulting.

DVS

Quote from: zosla on May 04, 2010, 02:53:35 PM
old chars or new chars it doesnt matter as they will become old once everyone gets to know them.

Yea that goes without saying  ::) what I meant with that post was that some vanilla characters have two rivals and new additions have just one rival battle....

zos'la

Quote from: CrazyMobius on May 05, 2010, 08:36:57 AM
Well that's pretty insulting.
it wasn't meant to be an insult, but more of telling the guys that since he is one of teh new char, peeps will have trouble with them until they get use to the matchup.
Therefore after the few games with your Hawk I found him like a gief therefore I stated my comment as above. But I did find him suprizing since I have new played Hawk before in during my SF life :) didn't know his moves.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

CrazyMobius

Quote from: zosla on May 05, 2010, 09:24:29 AM
it wasn't meant to be an insult, but more of telling the guys that since he is one of teh new char, peeps will have trouble with them until they get use to the matchup.
Therefore after the few games with your Hawk I found him like a gief therefore I stated my comment as above. But I did find him suprizing since I have new played Hawk before in during my SF life :) didn't know his moves.

Oh OK. No worries. At least he feels a bit more effective than in SFII. Playing as him does get a wee bit boring after a while though.