• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

King Of Fighters XI

Started by fluxcore, February 21, 2007, 03:34:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

lol, ooooo im new school kof

and yes even tho everyone says its shit, kof2001 is my favourtie.....only cos i learnt how to play that one first....but screw you guys, i love it.

Fair enuf Flux about the strikers they were kinda gimmicky and broke the game abit.....

And yes 2002,2003 and XI have been in my opinion, progressively better....and plus they introduced Shen in 2003 so yeah happy happy joy joy
The New Generation Clockw0rk

gunsmoke

Na na na...kof XI is da best ..man... ;D ;D ;D
LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

Orochi

i hate 2003 more than 99-01 because of the shoddy gameplay... sure there were a couple of cool new chars and a new zealand stage, but it played like balls!

KoFXI is second to 2k2 :P

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

The only things I like in 2003 were:

-SHEN
-Faster gameplay
-The ability to change characters during the fight
-SHEN

I'm sure theres other things, but apart from that I didnt really like that. I just wish they had made 2001 at that speed :'(
The New Generation Clockw0rk

fluxcore

Quote from: Orochi on August 15, 2007, 09:02:12 PM
i hate 2003 more than 99-01 because of the shoddy gameplay... sure there were a couple of cool new chars and a new zealand stage, but it played like balls!

KoFXI is second to 2k2 :P

QFT... 2k3 was pretty clearly a 'beta' test of the system for XI :)

--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Eddy_COMBO

I playede KOF 99 cause there was big lines for Xmen vs SF and TTT afterschool at the arcade in my area (WestSIDE!!!) and it was cool very cool...

Ive only played 2002 on PS2 so dont know how good it is cause the loading times seriously i could finish Final Fantasy 8 and come back and it'll still be loading wtf!?!....

The boss in KOF:XI is pretty dope ehh flippn 89640387207 projectiles going all over the place and projectiles which dont get neutralised by other projectiles wtf!?! lol
PSN: primofreak
Currently playing - Call of Duty Black Ops, Soul Calibur 4, MVC2

fluxcore

True, 2k2 sucks big floppy donkey balls on PS2 - don't ever touch it. NEOGEO emu is the only way to go.

--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

samurai black

i need to correct myself. its actually qcf+a after the explosion then one crappy uppercut. bleh.

Eddy_COMBO

Forgot I even had this game as well SF:Alpha Antho....

Have guys unlocked Geese cause goddam its hard ive gotten Terry down to no life(well im sure it was no life) and still die grrr!!!

i just build meter at the start then start cancel his counters into raging storms yet i still die cause hell just spam powerwave or touchdown or whateva its called

fluxcore

Put the game on low difficulty, one round, p1 takes less damage & has max super, p2 takes insane damage. Then pick Gato and spam LDM... pretty hard to lose :) Or does that not work for the challenges?

--flux

Eddy_COMBO

Quote from: fluxcore on October 31, 2007, 07:40:01 AM
Put the game on low difficulty, one round, p1 takes less damage & has max super, p2 takes insane damage. Then pick Gato and spam LDM... pretty hard to lose :) Or does that not work for the challenges?

--flux

nahh if only it did lol cause then Shingo would do the job fine lol

But the stupid challenge is Geese(you) vs Terry(cpu) and Terry only takes damage from Geese's counter moves(parry or watchumacalluit) and combos that develop from his counters.

so you preety much have to guess right with your counters(mainly high from exp) yet Terry loves spamming power waves or touch downs or sum sh_t(Terry and Roy[proj-jus] look the same lol)

Orochi

Yeah, that challenge is hard for the first few tries...

But man! the Shen WOOO's Counter vs King's LDM challenge is FUN!

PYEWPYEW!

samurai black

Quote from: Eddy_COMBO on October 31, 2007, 10:53:10 AM
But the stupid challenge is Geese(you) vs Terry(cpu) and Terry only takes damage from Geese's counter moves(parry or watchumacalluit) and combos that develop from his counters.

so you preety much have to guess right with your counters(mainly high from exp) yet Terry loves spamming power waves or touch downs or sum sh_t(Terry and Roy[proj-jus] look the same lol)

i have yet to unlock geese and mai. but mai is kinda shit anyway. but damn, unlocking geese is ridiculously hard, since terry just spams powerwaves, even at point blank. i sorta did okay with empty jump ins and followed with a counter, but it only really worked a couple of times. usually its just a power wave induced death.

Eddy_COMBO

Quote from: samurai black on November 02, 2007, 12:14:55 PM
Quote from: Eddy_COMBO on October 31, 2007, 10:53:10 AM

i have yet to unlock geese and mai. but mai is kinda shit anyway. but damn, unlocking geese is ridiculously hard, since terry just spams powerwaves, even at point blank. i sorta did okay with empty jump ins and followed with a counter, but it only really worked a couple of times. usually its just a power wave induced death.

Hard bro I had a similar thing where id jump in attack then counter and pray and then I can cancel into Raging storm?
Mai was a total fluke for me lol I was pretty much checking the movelist after every short combo lol.

samurai black

i finally fucked terry up on challenge 40. what worked for me was poking him up close with B, waiting half a second before doing his counter special.

also, geese is mean, his standing D travels like nearly half-way across the screen, and his deadly rave is way easier than rocks. his sprite is still atrocious though.