• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Wugga is eating uppercuts

Main Menu

King Of Fighters XI

Started by fluxcore, February 21, 2007, 03:34:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

samurai black

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

So. Yea. Ive started playing this again. I remember why i temporarily gave up marvel for this game.

Practicing my vanessa. :P
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

fluxcore

I'm waiting for Atomiswave emulation. Can't be bothered messing with a PS2 anymore tbh (lazy arse). I did really like this game, but some things about it seemed a bit... spastic... to me (Oswald in particular, mashing qcf/qcb motions with random buttons). I ended up liking Jyazu a lot because he was really bloody simple.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Orochi

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: fluxcore on January 13, 2009, 03:11:19 PM
I'm waiting for Atomiswave emulation. Can't be bothered messing with a PS2 anymore tbh (lazy arse). I did really like this game, but some things about it seemed a bit... spastic... to me (Oswald in particular, mashing qcf/qcb motions with random buttons). I ended up liking Jyazu a lot because he was really bloody simple.

'Mashing' with Oswald results in fail. You cant get his advanced juggles without good execution, and you can barely do any decent normal combos/juggles by 'mashing'. But i get what you mean. Ive always leaned towards the more complex characters. (anakaris in mvc2, arakune in BB etc)Thats why ive been playing vanessa. But a lot of stuff in that game requires very good execution. Not exactly ROM infinite level execution, but pretty good nonetheless.

Its just a shame yifans got rid of it. I would like a bit of competition.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

SHINGO IZ ALWAYS READY TO OWNAGE >:( 8) :P
The New Generation Clockw0rk

gunsmoke

LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

[NIUE]iRONSoL

pringles

fluxcore

Quote from: ILL_BILL on January 13, 2009, 10:59:27 PM
'Mashing' with Oswald results in fail. You cant get his advanced juggles without good execution, and you can barely do any decent normal combos/juggles by 'mashing'. But i get what you mean.

Oh yeah, totally. I just didn't have time/opportunity/young enough hands to get it into muscle memory, so it ended up just being 'uhh qcf I think with... a... qcb with... uhh... b..' but you have to do it bloody fast, so basically I just sucked.

I tried to learn Vanessa in 2k2 because the max mode combo looked hella sweet, but it again was just too hard for me to learn in reasonable time.

Unfortunately I'm realising that I simply can't learn complex characters anymore. My playstyle is I think going towards simple poking play in general.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

samurai black

samurai black

so i been jamming on this game, cause i dont have sf4 and my ps2 wont run marvel. i figure ill practice a good game, even if no one plays it.

anyways, i was watching some old match videos, and i noticed one awesome japanese player with k' busting out a simple as bnb, which for the life of me i cant connect.

it looked like cr. B, cr. A, df + D, qcb + B

all my subsequent attempts to duplicate that combo have failed, cause the df + D comes out too slowly and doesnt combo, but is still cancellable which is odd, considering you normally have to combo into command moves for them to be able to cancel. is something up with the ps2 version?

also, any tips for tacking on minute spikes(qcb + K) after chain drive ldm? i managed two, and now i cant do it again.

AND WHATS THE POINT OF 3D STAGES IF ALL THEY DO IS LAG?!

fucking snkp.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Post the video.

And you need to reverse TK the spikes iirc.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

samurai black

it was one of the videos i got off you. you burnt them onto a cd for me a while back, so i dunno where the hell you got them from.

and tk minute spikes make sense. also wondering why they bothered making k's launcher SCable, when it really isnt necessary.

maelgrim

Quote from: fluxcore on January 14, 2009, 08:01:01 AM
Unfortunately I'm realising that I simply can't learn complex characters anymore. My playstyle is I think going towards simple poking play in general.

Ha ha - yeah ditto that
I'm getting old  :)
Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: samurai black on August 24, 2009, 02:25:04 PM
it was one of the videos i got off you. you burnt them onto a cd for me a while back, so i dunno where the hell you got them from.

and tk minute spikes make sense. also wondering why they bothered making k's launcher SCable, when it really isnt necessary.

True. Fuck all those have been deleted. Ill jump on the PS2 tonight and see if i can figure that shit out. I think i know what you mean, and i had it sussed not too long ago.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.