• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

King Of Fighters XI

Started by fluxcore, February 21, 2007, 03:34:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orochi

I bought KoFXI on japanese release date, they used to have it at Timezone Manners Mall (wtgn) but then they moved it to the back of the store where noone could see it and then it vanished.

I can use almost everyone with a few exceptions... If Leona was in the game I wouldn't have trouble finding a stable team!

Mostly I just use Geese and Kasumi...

Maximum Impact 2 I also bought on release date, It's much better than the first... thing they released...

fluxcore

Yo! Welcome to the site! Good to see another KoF player...

Geese and Kasumi are both console exclusives, right? I guess it doesn't matter so much if the arcade doesn't have it any more, but... :o
As for Leona, it's kind of weird the chars they've left out for XI, quite a few fan favourites were missing... she was pretty damned good in 2k2 IIRC, too...

--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

I still fail at unlocking geese.

OMG IM TERRY AND I CAN POWER WAVE FOR 45 MINUTES.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

samurai black

Quote from: fluxcore on August 03, 2007, 10:28:18 PM
Geese and Kasumi are both console exclusives, right?

just geese. kasumi is in the anti aof team thing. with eiji and malin.

samurai black

so what kinda juggles can ex kyo do after his explosion thing. the one that costs meter. all i can manage are two weak uppercuts :S

Eddy_COMBO

Quote from: samurai black on August 12, 2007, 12:38:52 PM
so what kinda juggles can ex kyo do after his explosion thing. the one that costs meter. all i can manage are two weak uppercuts :S

Woah you can do 2 hits after launch type thing thats cool all i was doin was f,d,df+lp_sp (soz for n00b notation). Also yes Gai is cool as well and hard lol

@Devilstar: Replying to your qoute about Momoko from Auckland 'Hey' thread.
Yeah I agree eh she lacks that range lol. She just needs that Eddy Gordo range and duuuueeraaaahhhh!!! lol (hopefully he knows what i mean  ;) :-\ :D)

But I like her funky mix-ups.

PSN: primofreak
Currently playing - Call of Duty Black Ops, Soul Calibur 4, MVC2

samurai black

only in corner, its just qcf+c, qcf+c, qcf+a, qcf+b, hcb+c. then you can tack on the two uppercuts. i want to know if theres more.

a - light punch / square
b - light kick / x
c - hard punch / triangle
d - hard kick / circle

and someone needs to remind me on how to do multiple minute spikes in the corner with k'.

gunsmoke

LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

Eddy_COMBO

Quote from: samurai black on August 12, 2007, 01:48:26 PM
only in corner, its just qcf+c, qcf+c, qcf+a, qcf+b, hcb+c. then you can tack on the two uppercuts. i want to know if theres more.

weak uppercuts oh thats his dp+A ehh my bad i thought you meant 2x d+c lol me so stupidity lol....

well its better than mine all i get id dp+C~qcfx2+A_C (soz again for n00b notation)

Man Shingo is still fave ever since I first picked up KOF.

SHIINNGOOOOO!!! KICKKKKK!!!!!!

fluxcore

I was just going to suggest watching some youtube matches, but then I realised you're talking about Ex Kyo, and he's banned from tourneys... ::)

--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Eddy_COMBO

Quote from: fluxcore on August 13, 2007, 07:41:54 AM
I was just going to suggest watching some youtube matches, but then I realised you're talking about Ex Kyo, and he's banned from tourneys... ::)

--flux

Oh true haha  :D lol he that broke or sumfin i guess so since some of his combo's that 'I' can do without super's do about 1/3 to 1/2 lol.

Youtube Matches own me lol capped broadband 'for the loss'

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

Yusssss another Shingo disciple lol ::)
The New Generation Clockw0rk

Eddy_COMBO

Quote from: D0P3FI3ND on August 14, 2007, 09:20:05 AM
Yusssss another Shingo disciple lol ::)

Yes lol he was my first character from KOF 99 his team was cool with K, Maxima, Beni and Shingo.

The Challenges are pretty cool. Reminds me of SF:EX's Challenges/Maniac mode and that was fun damn I wish EX was still in the arcades.

Orochi

... I've been playing since 96...

If anyone is in or coming down to wellington and wants to just sit down and spend hours playing any KoF, give me a buzz! I'll welcome you to my KoF den.

fluxcore

The first one I ever played was 97, I think 98 was out by that stage though. Completely skipped 99, 00, 01, because I HATE that striker system. I only really started to get into KoF seriously for 2k2 though, and then XI has gotten me back into it - I generally liked Samurai Shodown and Last Blade more.

I'll keep your offer in mind if I ever get down to Welly (which MIGHT be likely - gf wants to visit Te Papa, although that'll mean I'll be dragged along too).
As I say, if you are ever in Hamilton you're more than welcome to hit me up for some games too.

--flux