• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Tier List for SFIV

Started by moose!, March 07, 2010, 11:50:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barnstorm

Quote from: ILL_BILL on March 07, 2010, 04:21:04 PM

I don't care what anyone says about 'omg ryu/sagat are hard to play' because im sure they have difficult elements, but they are, without any doubt, easier to get results with than the rest of the cast. Even in their deepest possible gameplay, they are still easier. If you're denying this, youre kidding yourself. But its stupid and trivial to complain about it. If it bothers you that much, then use them.

thats kind of interesting because look at evo top 8 in
3rd strike
tekken 4
and even marvel (but marvel is still awesome any way)

and everyone knows mirror matches are generally the most boring matches

Skullator

Ya I think what Bill is aiming for is- If you don't like the bike your sitting on, feel free to get off instead of complain. But don't ever kid yourself into thinking that the kid on the push bike HAS NO EXCUSE to race the dirt bikes on the farm and go anything less than 5-5 with them... Haha

CptMunta

Quote from: ILL_BILL on March 07, 2010, 04:21:04 PMTiers exist. They matter. Period.

Handle it, or play something else. These are our options. I suggest we all pick one.

^ Exactly.

I do whinge about my character but I enjoy the challenge for the most part. I do hate it when I lose to basic shit when I'm working my ass off. But I'm more angry at myself than the character.

Alot of the times I loose to high tier I'm simply not being creative enough and spamming my gimmicks. Getting my ass kicked is always a good wake up call.

Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: Barnstorm on March 07, 2010, 06:40:43 PM
thats kind of interesting because look at evo top 8 in
3rd strike
tekken 4
and even marvel (but marvel is still awesome any way)

and everyone knows mirror matches are generally the most boring matches

What exactly is your point?

Yes theyre boring. I cant stand shit that gets overused. What im saying is that people that whine about tiers, and characters being stronger etc shouldn't be playing low tier characters. Complaining about shit being broken is fine, but people that use a tier list as an excuse for a loss are stupid. As i have already said, They KNEW what they were getting into when the match began. They need to suck that shit up.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Barnstorm

i dont know if i really had a point to be honest ???

just dont want everyone to run to top tier gets a bit being boring
i already get kinda tired of the number of ryus and sagats online

but who cares ssf4 will be out soon

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: Barnstorm on March 07, 2010, 07:30:07 PM
i dont know if i really had a point to be honest ???

just dont want everyone to run to top tier gets a bit being boring
i already get kinda tired of the number of ryus and sagats online

but who cares ssf4 will be out soon

SSF4 is shaping up to be Super Dudley Fighter 4 by the looks of things. I think dudley is fucking cool, but bro hes going to be like Ken in the first couple of months of the SF4 release. Hopefully the balancing is as good as everyone is hoping, so that after a while, people will start branching out, finding cool shit with other characters, and sticking with them.

O_o

Fuck, managed to derail a thread about a topic that i normally use to derail other threads.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

stereomonkey

MARVEL BABY!!

Yeah, ummm... no point in this post. :P
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Im telling lenny to delete it. omg omg.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Skullator

stereomonkey

Quote from: ILL_BILL on March 07, 2010, 07:46:35 PM
Im telling lenny to delete it. omg omg.

Sorry, was just following the trend in this thread...
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

geneterror

Quote from: ILL_BILL on March 07, 2010, 07:41:28 PM
SSF4 is shaping up to be Super Dudley Fighter 4 by the looks of things. I think dudley is fucking cool, but bro hes going to be like Ken in the first couple of months of the SF4 release.
I dunno. I think a lot of peeps like the look of him now but most srubs will have a play, realise he has no fireball and go running back to Ryu/Sagat/Akuma. His moves are unconventional to people that didn't play 3S.
KOW 2011

zos'la

I hate boxers.. simple!!!
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

maelgrim

Well I guess a Tier thread was bound to go a bit crazy  ;D

my 2c =  Skill > Tier (I certainly acknowledge they exist though)
rarely do you find find 2 people of equal skill

& yeah Flux I would love to see some more character, matchup, strategy, tactics stuff.
You are right in that SRK is good for that, but I think it is nice to have some NZ flavour, +  get to see what everybody else knows that I don't  (which is probably alot ;) )
Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

Barnstorm

the way the tier list is done is interesting though

because sagat v dan is 7-3

if both players are great players and both players know their character aswell as their oponents (taking most shenanigans out)

i just dont see dan wining 3 out of 10

propafanda

still tier lists are all probability though it is worth while to check it out. Theres tier lists for all types of shit read and seek lol