• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion

Started by fluxcore, August 30, 2008, 09:25:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluxcore

I will get tekken when the netcode is proved to be better...
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

massi4h

I have to pull this out. Guitar hero is more noticable on lag. I can't play on a non-crt unless it's a very fast small lcd. To maximise your score you have to have the optimum timing window. And when you're playing around 20 notes per second (I can't do the 26 nps crap) it's pretty important. Why are we arguing anyway, we all know Chess is the most affected by lag.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: fluxcore on November 24, 2009, 05:34:51 PM
I will get tekken when the netcode is proved to be better...

Birry Wong Concurs.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: stereomonkey on November 24, 2009, 05:04:10 PM
Quote from: Barnstorm on November 24, 2009, 03:28:22 PM
Quote from: weazzyefff on November 24, 2009, 01:51:23 PM
Yeah but MW2 has great connections for online, obviously it's not as good as offline but it's def more playable then what I hear about Tekken.

And I'v obviously seen a kill cam. The new feature where you can join friends games without being invited gives you great connection with ease every time.

is this new??
this option has been on xbox since i can remember

You've been able to do this since launch, on xbox that is :)
Damn. I slipped up bigtime there.

PS3 FTW !!!

Fuck shit box in the shitter.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

!DIABLO GTR!

To be honest, Tekken 6 for console is sh!T.

If you're going to buy for online, don't bother. I doubt it'll get any better.

Even the normal game seems to have some kind of input lag due to TV's upscaling option. I find that my combo inputs are very different from the arcade.
PS3 - WipEout HD Fury, Tekken 6
PS2 - Beatmania IIDX GOLD, Beatmania IIDX DJ Troopers
Arcade - Tekken 6 BR, DJ Max Technika, ITG2, DDR Supernova 2
PC: Red Alert 3, Tom Clancy's End War, DOTA
http://www.youtube.com/user/thejamesreloaded

fluxcore

http://iplaywinner.com/news/2009/11/23/tekken-6-online-patch-confirmed-for-thanksgiving-details.html

Supposedly a patch due out our friday.

Quote from: !DIABLO GTR! on November 24, 2009, 11:34:47 PM

Even the normal game seems to have some kind of input lag due to TV's upscaling option. I find that my combo inputs are very different from the arcade.

If you're assuming that arcade will be the way of the future, then I'm afraid that's a moot point. I'm not going to practice in the arcade, I'm not going to play in the arcade, and I'm not going to run tournaments in the arcade. In my opinion, people should get used to the console version, if there are in fact any differences or problems.

Also, your tv's upscaler will be different from other people's, if indeed that is the cause of the problem. Even more, the 360 has a built in hardware upscaler unlike the ps3.

As for the netcode, as I said - I'll get it when I see POSITIVE reviews of the new netcode.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Darkf0rge

Ill be sure to post my verdict when it comes out. Which should be friday I think.

As for lag offline. Apparently you can fix this by setting your LCD for 720p, and it only effects the Ps3 I believe.

!DIABLO GTR!

Quote from: fluxcore on November 25, 2009, 08:05:22 AM
http://iplaywinner.com/news/2009/11/23/tekken-6-online-patch-confirmed-for-thanksgiving-details.html

If you're assuming that arcade will be the way of the future, then I'm afraid that's a moot point.
I don't believe that I've indicated that anywhere...

And consoles will obviously be the future.
PS3 - WipEout HD Fury, Tekken 6
PS2 - Beatmania IIDX GOLD, Beatmania IIDX DJ Troopers
Arcade - Tekken 6 BR, DJ Max Technika, ITG2, DDR Supernova 2
PC: Red Alert 3, Tom Clancy's End War, DOTA
http://www.youtube.com/user/thejamesreloaded

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: !DIABLO GTR! on November 26, 2009, 12:52:19 AM
Quote from: fluxcore on November 25, 2009, 08:05:22 AM

If you're assuming that arcade will be the way of the future, then I'm afraid that's a moot point.
I don't believe that I've indicated that anywhere...

And consoles will obviously be the future.
lol,true.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Skullator

After watching Melbourne's serious Tekken players go at it for a couple days on the cabinets here.. I can conclude this game is a turtle-punish into juggle fest lol.
No personal desire of playing.

Funny story tho, me and a mate fed the Tekken cabinets here and had a bash with neither of us having ever played before. He won with amazing lp strategy, then his girlfriend challenged him, she won.
Then as I was about to have another crack, a real Tekken player walked in and looked at us longingly. I said he should have a crack at her because I wasn't a serious player, and he looked almost offended by the idea of having to fight a girl, but after a slight pause he whipped out his wallet and proceeded to pull out his Tekken card. Of course he then spent about 2 minutes configuring costumes or some shit.

3 rounds = win the match.
She took him to final round and it pretty much ended with him on evo moment health lmfao, and all she was doing was mashing out hahaha.

I had never in my life struggled so hard to supress a laugh as when I asked him "Is this a mashers game bro?" and he said "Nah she just kept rushing me down, I can tell she's played before"

Good times, good times.

Darkf0rge

I don't want to get into a vs war, but there is a reason why SFIV has rapidly slipped down the charts in Japan while Tekken 6 BR has been number one for quite a while now.

I like SFIV, but Tekken 6 BR is a better game IMO, it's more accesable and has as much depth to boot.

I can understand that people can get turned off by the Turtle/Juggle thing but in reality the juggles are the not nasty part, it's all the OKI afterwards that gets you killed. You can definately play agressively in tekken as well as long as you are smart about it and dont throw out moves that put you at a huge frame disadvantage.

Most juggles will do far less than say a Ultra move in SFIV, which is a command and watch scenario....

A real good player will never be beaten by a button masher, that guy can't have been that good. Hell tekken has this thing where everyone seems to proclaim they are awesome at it, but end up being scrubs.

Anyway ill shutup about that, because in the end I think I like HD remix better than both games.

Anyway some people have got the patch early, verdict seems to be the netcode is now about on par with SFIV, so it will be playable just not GGPO standards.

Yeah the console version has some issues, but at least it seems namco are listening so we should see patches for the majority of it.

The resolution of the game is a bit dissapointing, but that's really just illustrating how inadequate the current gen hardware is. How many games actually run at 60fps and full 1080p? Fuck all I bet.

fluxcore

About 3 yeah. But many more ps3 people complain because they have shitty tvs/monitors that introduce upscaling lag, whereas 360 does it internally.

I'm not going to get into the whole sf vs tekken thing, it doesn't go anywhere. I know tekken frustrates me intensely, but that's just because I don't understand the mechanics properly. I have 0 incentive to play it without reasonable netcode though, so hearing it might be as good as sfiv is nice, I'll still wait a little to hear it from the majority though.

Darkf0rge

Yeah, the other thing is Tekken 6 has full variable motion blur. I'm pretty sure no games have pulled this off on the consoles this gen at 60fps. The development team said they tried to lower it to 30 fps at 1080p and it wasn't the same. I happen to really like the motion blur so I deal...

I really hate the low health bars though, lack of 2p customisations and no record in practise mode which is really fucking important for a serious player, I can't believe they left that shit out this time around, so I hope they patch that shit soon.

There is another patch late december which is rumoured to bring all that stuff in, so things should be good then.

Anyway, Yeah sorry for bringing up the SFIV vs Tekken thing, your right it's pretty pointless really. I enjoy both and have been a longtime streetfighter player as well. They are completely different and have there own merits and con's. Tekken has a cast of 40 and it's really well balanced all considered but I am actually really hyped up for the new version of SF, and if they fix the problems I have with vanilla SFIV. it may surpass Tekken 6 in my eyes. (Sagat's bullshit and Guile being raped in the bum really piss me off, atm lol.)

If you have offline lag on PS3 you simply need to get a better monitor. I think you need one where you can set the internal res to 720p to fix it, something like that. I prefer it on 360 just cause I have a arcade stick play with motion blur on to be as close to the arcade as possible and I like the interface better anyway so not an issue for me.

I am anxiously waiting for this patch, so I will give my verdict after I have a chance to put it through it's paces. I think even if it is on par with SFIV Tekken is arguably a little more sensitive to the input delay just because of how it plays with high/low strings, juggle and bound timing, and the fact it's being a completely frame based game.

I have had some still pretty enjoyable and playable matches with some poor connections in SFIV with Input delay that I don't think would have been so much under the same conditions in Tekken 6.

anyway fingers crossed, when I got T6 and found the state of the netcode I almost cried.

Skullator

Yeah Dark you could tell he wasn't that good of a player, not asian or anything but very proud haha.

Full respect to the game, same boat as Flux though I just don't understand it properly and from the outsiders point of view I can't see myself learning it.
I think about memorizing those links and just get scared that they might break my SF links lol.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Only stink thing about this game is you cant land an Ultra and then skullator back a full beewar and go on playing.