• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Serious Street Fighter Training!

Started by Lennysaurus, July 14, 2009, 10:28:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DVS

Shit man I'd be keen as....can't really practise with Rose down at Yifans..and on-line can be laggy...which fucks my timing. Besides I can only play my best mate for so long....usually got no wheels -so anyone in my local area would be great. I live central and my mate lives in Mt eden.....Street Fighta party anyone?

DVS aka Gene  ;D

Quote from: Lennysaurus Rex on July 14, 2009, 10:28:07 AM
How are you guys getting serious for Street Fighter!?

I have given up playing online at the moment.  With my mains at least, due to lag affecting my timimng in offline games.  Im organizing with one or two of the more hardout players to meet somewhere once a week so we can practice hardout.  This includes taping and analysing matches.

I'm also dedicating 2 hours every other night to execution training.  This will be mostly for El Fuerte, and getting my RSF up to 6 hits from a focus attack?

How hardcore are you guys getting with your training?

I'm interested in finding like minded people that are keen to level up.
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

geneterror

Hey Gene it's Graeme. Do you have a spare stick for PS3, if you do you can come round to my place with Kelvin for a jam if you want. If you don't have a PS3 stick my TE stick should be turning up in the next couple of weeks and then I'll have two. PM me your cell number bro and we'll try and hook something up.
KOW 2011

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

I overtrained, and i have now got into the habit of using the focus WAAAAY too much, and throwing my matches out the window.

Case in point: 2 rounds up against simon, then started overusing the focus, and ate like 4 j.hk -> TIGER UPPERCUT and ended up losing.

Fuck i hate getting worse. >_<
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Lennysaurus

Quote from: ILL_BILL on July 24, 2009, 01:05:21 PM
I overtrained, and i have now got into the habit of using the focus WAAAAY too much, and throwing my matches out the window.

Case in point: 2 rounds up against simon, then started overusing the focus, and ate like 4 j.hk -> TIGER UPPERCUT and ended up losing.

eha I went through that phase too.  God it sucks.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

zos'la

OOoOo Sagit powerful eh!!!
scary to know!!!!
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

Hydro

Well, it's encouraging to hear you know where you're going wrong. I'm sure you'll be more conscious of it now, and that's really all that it takes to eliminate bad habits from your play.

It's kinda like people and the wake up sho00000ryu0000ken or wake up Boxer headbutts, just forget about the move all together, train yourself NOT to do it, seriously it'll force you to utilize your character in other ways that don't rely on high risk guessing games and stupid gambles. It also does something for people who are at an intermediate level and often miss: Introspective analysis: critiquing your own playstyle strengths and most importantly your oversights and weaknesses.

CrazyMobius

Man playing Sagat gets pretty boring. Strong or not -_-

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: CrazyMobius on July 24, 2009, 03:43:30 PM

Man playing Sagat gets pretty boring. Strong or not -_-

aww, this was asian simon. but yea. i got 23 wins after you left today. I kept getting challenged by this group of TERRIBLE indian dudes. I beat one guy using nothing but fuertes slide. O_o

It was dumb though. I would stop and take my hands of the stick to give a round, which they would win, and then they would be fucking cheering and shit, despite the fact that the group of them could see i wasnt even playing O_o.

Quote from: hydrokinesis on July 24, 2009, 03:03:34 PM

Well, it's encouraging to hear you know where you're going wrong. I'm sure you'll be more conscious of it now, and that's really all that it takes to eliminate bad habits from your play.

It's kinda like people and the wake up sho00000ryu0000ken or wake up Boxer headbutts, just forget about the move all together, train yourself NOT to do it, seriously it'll force you to utilize your character in other ways that don't rely on high risk guessing games and stupid gambles. It also does something for people who are at an intermediate level and often miss: Introspective analysis: critiquing your own playstyle strengths and most importantly your oversights and weaknesses.

Haha, youd think i would be conscious of it. I think its the same reason i can only get 3 friggin rsf hits at yifans. Its stuck in my muscle memory at this point. >_<
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Hydro

Quote from: ILL_BILL on July 24, 2009, 03:49:37 PM

It was dumb though. I would stop and take my hands of the stick to give a round, which they would win, and then they would be fucking cheering and shit, despite the fact that the group of them could see i wasnt even playing O_o.

My rule is: No mercy, you should seriously try it. If someone challenges you, no matter how bad they are, make them fuckin scared to put their two dollars (or push the 'ready' button for online play) for the next time. I don't know why I used to give people rounds before, if they're not good enough to win I don't want them to challenge me again, why even encourage it by giving them a free round to get their hopes up eh? :)

But yeah, them cheering and shit is ass. . .

HoneyBadger

Quote from: hydrokinesis on July 24, 2009, 04:15:34 PM
Quote from: ILL_BILL on July 24, 2009, 03:49:37 PM

My rule is: No mercy, you should seriously try it. If someone challenges you, no matter how bad they are, make them fuckin scared to put their two dollars (or push the 'ready' button for online play) for the next time. I don't know why I used to give people rounds before, if they're not good enough to win I don't want them to challenge me again, why even encourage it by giving them a free round to get their hopes up eh? :)

But yeah, them cheering and shit is ass. . .

That's how all the japs play. Don't put your $2 down unless you can actually play. I reckon there's a time to play no mercy and a time to sit back and try new shit like that big damager combo you've been working on in tranining
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

fluxcore

There have always been two arguments about that. One is what you're saying, and the other is to give the guy a helping hand so he might want to play more and get better.

Obviously you can get into psychology and whatnot from here, but that's the gist.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

I just feel bad. If im running rings around someone, i like to give them SOME value for money. I probably should be a bit more cutthroat.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

HoneyBadger

Yeah, video games are cool like that cause you can lead by example or lead by teaching people why they got fucked up/what they can improve on. That's one of the things that I love because age and shit doesn't come into gaming as much as it does in sport
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

Hydro

Quote from: ILL_BILL on July 24, 2009, 04:44:10 PM
I just feel bad. If im running rings around someone, i like to give them SOME value for money. I probably should be a bit more cutthroat.

I know what you mean, but the question I ended up asking myself after giving a round was "Why?". I'd rather fight the CPU then most of the scrubs online/yifans hahaha.

I can understand taking it easy when you're playing with your buds and shit, but at Yifans against the randoms I'm like FFF til the red water comes out.

EDIT: Yeah Alan I know just what you mean, and I do try to give advice to people when I can see it may be merited, and I genuinely try to help my peers get better, but. . . giving a free round, IMO, isn't really helping/teaching/giving advice unless you're talking to them while you're at it, and let's face it, at yifans, there's almsot like a no speaking policy when you're sitting at the cabinet lol.

CoffinDrop1

Just thought I would share my first time experience playing SF4 at Yifans while we are talking about it. Was about 3 weeks ago now. Rocked up during lunchtime, was really looking forward to seeing what the actual arcade game was like. I gotta say when I found it I was thinking to myself that it looked pretty old and the screen was pretty fuzzy too.

It was funny there was an Asian guy wearing glasses playing Zangief and knowing that I had very little time I thought I had to get in a quick game and run. I put my $2 bucks in and pressed start and selected the option to challenge. A young maori fulla came up to me and said "oh you challenging this guy! - he's been on it for ages, I've been waiting to play but I aint gonna challenge him!" I laughed and said "Gotta give it a bash aye."

It was faster than console play on the PS3 which took a bit of getting used to. Actually it was quite a good fight when it came down to it - his Zangief was good and I was thinking man I havent played a Zangief that uses so many of his light attacks. I lost and I popped my head over and said "Good game man" the asian guy nodded his head in acknowlegdement. The Maori fulla said "Close bro!" I laughed cos I got skooled in the last round.

I didnt think much of the arcade set up at Yifans for SF4 and hope that they upgrade it and do it justice. It wasnt till I saw the vids at Xlan that I recognised I played against the man himself. The final Damager!