• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

Pre-release Super Street Fighter IV details

Started by iMagneto, September 20, 2009, 12:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: B BOY DRAW2 on March 16, 2010, 10:26:11 PM
What you guys make of this?

http://www.cdwow.co.nz/games/super-street-fighter-iv-xbox-360/dp/7811457#bc=e1ff

Wtf? They have 3 listings for SSF4, all of which appear to be the same, but at 3 different prices. >_>
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

geneterror

Just order the most expensive one, that's obviously the best one :P
KOW 2011

massi4h

cdwow is really dodgy. I've heard of people waiting a couple months for their games to arrive and then cancelling to get their money back, then it arrives in a week.

CptMunta

Okay I've got confirmation.

$10 off the retail price if you enter the CHCH Gamestation tourney/release party

so $79.95!
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

zos'la

lol, my flight ticket is worht more!!! xD
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

CrazyMobius

http://iplaywinner.com/news/2010/3/17/ask-capcom-blind-select-ultras-in-super-street-fighter-4.html

Weird in this article Seth mentions player matches but I didn't think player matches were one of the online modes in Super. Also he implies that both player matches and even ENDLESS BATTLE won't be blind pick!  I remember previously hearing all online modes will be blind pick.

Otherwise what mode is he talking about? Ranked battle and Team battle? Well Championship mode on SF4 is already blind pick but nobody plays ranked or championship anymore.

Man I hope there's an error in this article as I was really hoping Endless battle (and now Player I guess) would be blind.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: CrazyMobius on March 18, 2010, 02:52:09 PM
http://iplaywinner.com/news/2010/3/17/ask-capcom-blind-select-ultras-in-super-street-fighter-4.html

Weird in this article Seth mentions player matches but I didn't think player matches were one of the online modes in Super. Also he implies that both player matches and even ENDLESS BATTLE won't be blind pick!  I remember previously hearing all online modes will be blind pick.

Otherwise what mode is he talking about? Ranked battle and Team battle? Well Championship mode on SF4 is already blind pick but nobody plays ranked or championship anymore.

Man I hope there's an error in this article as I was really hoping Endless battle (and now Player I guess) would be blind.

Its an implication. But i would say that this means that player and endless matches wont be blind. Although bare in mind that that question was specifically about ultras, though seths reply does imply that player/endless matches wont be blind at all. char select and ultra select included.

I personally dont mind. If someone counter-picks me, it gives me good experience in harder matchups. But most of the player matches i have will come from you guys anyway, and we all kind of just play whoever we want.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

fluxcore

I wouldn't be at all surprised it ranked/championship are the only blind ones, since they are the only ones that it really matters for. Who gives a shit when it comes to player and lobbies?

Do you demand blind select when you are playing casuals with your friends?
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

electric

Copied this post from SRK, as I think it sums up the BEST way to do "blind select" in SSF4

1) Character select screen where neither of the players see eachother's character pick
2) A second select screen where you now can see which character you opponent chose, and where you now can choose your ultra.. If the ultra select is blind or not doesn't make that big of a differense.. The main point is that you can choose your ultra after seeing what character your opponent is going to use.

This is, of course, not how it currently works. You pick your character and your ultra before you find out who your opponent is - which IMO, defeats the purpose of selectable ultras in the first place... Chun players are going to shit bricks after picking Kikosho when they see Sagat's big, ugly, one eye'd face staring at them at the vs. screen
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

fluxcore

I can't see any reason why if using double blind, the super/ultra (3s/ssf4) shouldn't be part of the double blind select as well.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

electric

Quote from: fluxcore on March 18, 2010, 03:31:31 PM
I can't see any reason why if using double blind, the super/ultra (3s/ssf4) shouldn't be part of the double blind select as well.

You know what ? Yeah, you're right. If you think about it in the sense that Chun with Ultra #1 is A DIFFERENT CHARACTER to Chun with Ultra #2, then all is well. You need to play differently against Chun U1 and Chun U2, just like you need to stop fireballing as soon as Chun get's access to her Ultra bar right now.
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

Gamogo

At tournaments this counter Ultra (or better put, preferable Ultra in specific match-ups) stuff won’t apply as you’ll see who they’ve chosen anyway but I think Capcom have goofed here in a sense when it comes to the potential for people to really analyse their forthcoming matches. While the whole "so what, deal with it" approach will work, I just feel that making this selection blind could potentially negate a match-up's leanings for characters that rely upon a specific Ultra to stand a chance.

However, with the potential for "obvious" Ultra selection removed (or coin flipped â€" who knows, maybe you'll end up selecting the preferable Ultra anyway), we'll likely see new strategies developed should a character realise "well shit, I guess I've chosen the crap Ultra for this match-up. I guess I'll see how I can squeeze some use out of it anyway" and so on.
"A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism."

- Carl Sagan

http://gamogo.wordpress.com

fluxcore

Yeah, how is that any different than "oh, I chose the crap character for this matchup"?

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

Quote from: geneterror on March 16, 2010, 03:18:06 PM
Mightyape have put this up with a release date of 30/4 at $84.99!

http://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/PS3/Super-Street-Fighter-IV/4443491/

mighty ape is now $79.99 for super sf4 !!!!
awesome !!!!!
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

fluxcore

I'm waiting to see if a collector's edition is announced...