• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

Lets Discuss!!! NZ Street FIghter IV Bar Fights!!!!

Started by Lennysaurus, October 17, 2009, 01:36:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Id be interested to know when the last time Andy saw Lenny's Fuerte was. Im pretty sure his comparison is easily 8-9 months old, which is a period of time in which someones game can drastically improve/get worse.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Lennysaurus

TBH I dont really play SF4 unless one of you guys come over.  Played a bit with Ben and Smoof lately, but only a very little.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

zos'la

What I am stating in my previous post is that Lenny's Furte is bar far IMO better than most I've seen and this was about 3 months ago? somewhere along that time frame.
Anyways, if anyone's Furte at this point is not ATleast on that lvl then you should need practice, especially against me :) right Billy Wong :P
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: zosla on October 27, 2009, 01:49:20 PM
What I am stating in my previous post is that Lenny's Furte is bar far IMO better than most I've seen and this was about 3 months ago? somewhere along that time frame.
Anyways, if anyone's Furte at this point is not ATleast on that lvl then you should need practice, especially against me :) right Billy Wong :P

Im happy with my fuerte given the relatively small amount of time & effort ive put in. My Fuerte IS on the same level as Lenny's, but we each have things that we're better or worse at than the other from my point of view.

I dont play well against turtles, and i never will. Its my biggest weak point by far, and ive got no qualms in admitting that. TBH i WOULD like more practice against you, because youre the player i have the most trouble with out of everyone by a significant margin. Youre not the BEST player in NZ atm, but youre a much harder fight FOR ME than everyone else is.

Im looking forward to some decent practice at RVB on the 7th.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Andy: How many fuerte's have you seen? I've probably seen mine,Bill's and Lenny's. Me and Bill play totally different on what i saw, i'm more of a wake up games guy, last time i saw Bill he kind just let them get up as they pleased, BUT that was just ONE game, sooo...yeah i dunno.

Lenny: You had a bad fuerte the best i've seen, but cant remember much about your gameplay besides you being somewhat consistent with the RSF. Sucks you dont play SF4 anymore i reckon you woulda been one of the best. And you probably are still good as UNLESS Smoof got atleast one round on you in those games, then your skill has drastically dropped lol nah allgood Smoof.

Zosla's trying to turn us against each other but fuck that fuerte unite.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

zos'la

Actually I'm not trying anything.. I am just stating the Furte of Lenny's which I've used to compared with urs as you guys have played and seen each others, where as I have only seen Lenny's Furte. Either way, I find Furte to be a good opponent overall and if you actually manage to put me on the edge with him, by all means as I would to learn the matchup with a even greater player IF you are at that level and it would be MY honor to lose to you. In all honesty, I have nothing against you saying you are all that great IF you beat me as I RESPECT players who does and WILL make sure the next time we cross roads I WILL give you a harder time. To other players I give respect of course unless you come up to me and say you suck :P course I'll laugh and say okay la!!!
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: zosla on October 27, 2009, 03:10:01 PM
Actually I'm not trying anything.. I am just stating the Furte of Lenny's which I've used to compared with urs as you guys have played and seen each others, where as I have only seen Lenny's Furte. Either way, I find Furte to be a good opponent overall and if you actually manage to put me on the edge with him, by all means as I would to learn the matchup with a even greater player IF you are at that level and it would be MY honor to lose to you. In all honesty, I have nothing against you saying you are all that great IF you beat me as I RESPECT players who does and WILL make sure the next time we cross roads I WILL give you a harder time. To other players I give respect of course unless you come up to me and say you suck :P course I'll laugh and say okay la!!!

Yea bro i figured as much. I'm not trying to start anything. Like i say, i want to fight you (lulz) because as far as opponents go, youre the one i have the most trouble with. (Besides Ben's fucking balrog. But im gonna cross that bridge when i can be fucked crossing it) You shut me down a lot more easily than most people, and its really something i need to address for myself to be able to improve.

Quote from: weazzyefff on October 27, 2009, 02:51:02 PM
Andy: How many fuerte's have you seen? I've probably seen mine,Bill's and Lenny's. Me and Bill play totally different on what i saw, i'm more of a wake up games guy, last time i saw Bill he kind just let them get up as they pleased, BUT that was just ONE game, sooo...yeah i dunno.

Lenny: You had a bad fuerte the best i've seen, but cant remember much about your gameplay besides you being somewhat consistent with the RSF. Sucks you dont play SF4 anymore i reckon you woulda been one of the best. And you probably are still good as UNLESS Smoof got atleast one round on you in those games, then your skill has drastically dropped lol nah allgood Smoof.

Zosla's trying to turn us against each other but fuck that fuerte unite.

I play the wake up games as much as any man. Please ignore the nats. I want to forget that travesty even existed. I was being too weary of the wake up DP's, (which fuertes mixups fucking get around anyway, so fuck knows what was going on in my head at the time >_>) and generally too cautious. One of those "I wasnt trying to win, i was trying NOT to lose" situations. (DROPPING THE PHILOSOPHY BOMBS BABY)

Its not how i normally play, which is why it looked so fucking terrible. I was trying to play fuerte like a normal character, not like el fuerte. Which is ALWAYS a dumb mistake. Im not gonna do it a second time. (I hope)

I'd appreciate it if you didn't use the games i had at the nats as an example again either. Im thoroughly embarassed they even happened that way. That being said, gene is a good player, and the other guy wasnt too bad either, I just overthought, and underperformed, and im still really disappointed with the result.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Lennysaurus

Lenny: You had a bad fuerte the best i've seen, but cant remember much about your gameplay besides you being somewhat consistent with the RSF. Sucks you dont play SF4 anymore i reckon you woulda been one of the best. And you probably are still good as UNLESS Smoof got atleast one round on you in those games, then your skill has drastically dropped lol nah allgood Smoof

Thanks for the props.  I probably will pick up the game again more seriously.  At the moment I have a problem where idont sleep well at all.  I basically get the equivalent of 2 hours sleep from four nights worth of sleep at the moment, which makes it really hard for me to learn games and hold concentration.

Im getting all sorted out on Nov 9th, so hopefully after that ill be all good again.

Hue next time I see you I reckon we could work something out.  If it has to be late March then that will work as well.  We can do other things as well as bar fights in the mean time.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: Lennysaurus Rex on October 27, 2009, 04:20:01 PM
Lenny: You had a bad fuerte the best i've seen, but cant remember much about your gameplay besides you being somewhat consistent with the RSF. Sucks you dont play SF4 anymore i reckon you woulda been one of the best. And you probably are still good as UNLESS Smoof got atleast one round on you in those games, then your skill has drastically dropped lol nah allgood Smoof

Thanks for the props.  I probably will pick up the game again more seriously.  At the moment I have a problem where idont sleep well at all.  I basically get the equivalent of 2 hours sleep from four nights worth of sleep at the moment, which makes it really hard for me to learn games and hold concentration.

Im getting all sorted out on Nov 9th, so hopefully after that ill be all good again.

Hue next time I see you I reckon we could work something out.  If it has to be late March then that will work as well.  We can do other things as well as bar fights in the mean time.

Fark. O_o

And heres me bitching about getting 4-6 hours a night.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

electric

Quote from: ILL_BILL on October 27, 2009, 04:22:14 PM

Fark. O_o

And here's me bitching about getting 7-7.5 hours a night :/
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

[NIUE] weazzyefff

I never said i'll play fuerte against you in the first place i was talking to Bill. You just came out of nowhere and told me to practice lol. WTF.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: electric on October 27, 2009, 04:55:20 PM

Fark. O_o

An here's me LOVING staying up for days on end getting krunk.

Hydro

Quote from: weazzyefff on October 27, 2009, 05:02:20 PM

Fark. O_o

And I haven't been krunk for 7-7.5 years. *sob* I need to hang with Weazzy more I think. . .

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: weazzyefff on October 27, 2009, 05:00:54 PM
I never said i'll play fuerte against you in the first place i was talking to Bill. You just came out of nowhere and told me to practice lol. WTF.

Oh God. Fuerte Mirror. Something about 2 players blindly running around trying to mix the other one up at the same time is NOT something im looking forward to.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: hydrokinesis on October 27, 2009, 05:21:46 PM
Quote from: weazzyefff on October 27, 2009, 05:02:20 PM

Fark. O_o

And I haven't been krunk for 7-7.5 years. *sob* I need to hang with Weazzy more I think. . .
Wholly shite, 7 whole f'n years, you must be having more fun than me, seeing that i HAVE to get krunk to have fun *sob*.