• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

Post-release Super Street Fighter 4

Started by fluxcore, May 20, 2010, 08:07:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackSmash

omg
If Ken gets nerfed on everything else please just give him less recovery on ex/L.DP   8)

Rorooze

wtb massive dudley buffs. an "I WIN" button is needed imo ;D

i doubt balrogs changes will affect him, s.mp forcing stand is beast! and no one uses U2 anyway.

ryu's changes crack me up. more nerfs. lulz.

karizzma

Make El Fuerte top tier please. Safer mix up options....

zos'la

Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

jpb123

there was a patch today. Was it just the costume fix?

electric

"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

Flash

magos a beast winning godsgarden online.

****Up or i'll scratch yo face with my stubby little arms!

Skullator

Quote from: Flash on November 01, 2010, 10:30:26 AM
magos a beast winning godsgarden online.

Grats to him, doing it with Fei too showcases his own style and talent to the max. Some rediculously skilled stuff in every single one of those first to 10 sets, those guys are anti airing jumps at the most BIZARRE angles with the must REDICULOUS close normals, and doing it CONSISTANTLY. lol.
His Ultra2's usage against Sako in particular was very clutch, even when it whiffed it was still so impressive, and it MADE SAKO TOO SCARED TO DO ALOT OF STUFF. Which is the key thing about ultra selection.. it's not always about landing it.. it can be about stopping your opponent from being able to do stuff too (Chun picking ultra1 vs shoto = You win the full screen game even if they only stop throwing unsafe fireballs)

Loved Nemo in that tourney too... can't ever stop loving Nemo, but Chun's unsafe risk\reward style of play he became so loved for is just getting more and more difficult to play now that people are getting more and more on point with their punishes (And of course since Chun was top tier, alot more people picked her up, so got used to blocking her tricks)
He needs to start picking U2 in some match ups really, he had too much pride to pick it when vanilla was still around (Wanted to know best way to fit U1 into all vanilla matchups and not lose the clutch motions)
There's no reason to ever pick U1 against a viper player, but he wanted to be clutch and landed it against a whiffed burn kick. But really looking for something cool like that for an entire round is detrimental to the chun player as it encourages her to sit on the back charge and eat alot of cross up burn kicks =\ U2 is just free damage from a hit confirm.. much like vipers ultra1.

Was gutted he didn't get through to have some first to 10 sets, but tbh if him getting raped in SBO vanilla and in that online set is enough to have her plummet back down through the tier list then it's all for the greater good??? rofl.

fluxcore

http://iplaywinner.com/news/2010/11/1/new-super-street-fighter-4-dev-blog-details-changes-for-arca.html

Changes for Vega, Ken, Juri... some other people I've forgotten.

Not all that impressed with Vega changes tbh. The loke test change was to make ex flip kicks actually slightly useful, which would be my #1 thing to want for him. But no. Combo after ex roll. Make overhead more punishable. Yay.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Barnstorm

Quote from: fluxcore on November 02, 2010, 05:29:01 PM
http://iplaywinner.com/news/2010/11/1/new-super-street-fighter-4-dev-blog-details-changes-for-arca.html

Changes for Vega, Ken, Juri... some other people I've forgotten.

Not all that impressed with Vega changes tbh. The loke test change was to make ex flip kicks actually slightly useful, which would be my #1 thing to want for him. But no. Combo after ex roll. Make overhead more punishable. Yay.

Cosmic heels not the overhead its the launcher

But i agree vega has gotten worse, unless there is some good things people have missed
ex roll into cr.mp how is that helpful, I dont think ive ever seen a vega player use that move besides trying to go through fireballs unless start up of that move is way better

fluxcore

Oh fuck of course, lol

That's actually a pretty big nerf then, cosmic heel is damn important for vega atm...
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Rorooze

"Other
- Is considered to be mid-air right after the invincibility frames of his backdash end"

Does this mean option select sweeps will no longer work if your opponent back dashes on wake up?

Or you just can't land a beast punish cause it'll hit them out of mid air?

Barnstorm

Quote from: Rorooze on November 02, 2010, 06:03:28 PM
"Other
- Is considered to be mid-air right after the invincibility frames of his backdash end"

Does this mean option select sweeps will no longer work if your opponent back dashes on wake up?

Or you just can't land a beast punish cause it'll hit them out of mid air?

It means no combos on a back dasher eg ryu cr.mk xx fireball
Character will be reset so sweeps still the same since they knock down eg rog cr.hk

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

yeah ken , vega and i forget who the other one was , they were full comboable after backdash , every other charachter got reset .

so this just evens up everyone now , fair enough .

kens changes are great , cant wait for arcade edition to drop
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Looking forward to fuerte changes next week. Wonder how they'll nerf him...>_>
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.