• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

King Of Fighters XI

Started by fluxcore, February 21, 2007, 03:34:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunsmoke

Bill just got his copy today he must happy man... 8) 8) 8)
LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Considering ive been playing it solid since i got it (3 days ago) yes, you could say im a happy man.

The oswald magic is still there  ;D

And my vanessa is much more formiddable than she was before. Duo aswell actually. Im consistantly failing at his infinite though.

challenge 40 is pissing me off though. Since all terry seems to do is sit there spamming power wave until the cows come home. I WANT TO USE GEESE DAMMIT.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

fluxcore

I like that there are quite a few characters I'm interested in with KoFXI (unlike GGXX:AC, where I only really like Slayer...). I'm finding it a bit hard to conjure up a team with good dynamics though... so far my favourite is Oswald/Adelheid (L)/Jyazu, which doesn't work too badly.

How does the scaling work with quick shift combos? I see some match vids where people combo, QS, combo, then QS back to the original char to continue the combo... I realise that this effectively gives the first char an extra combo, but I would think the scaling would make it almost worthless?

--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

gunsmoke

Quote from: ILL_BILL on July 18, 2007, 12:56:24 PM
Considering ive been playing it solid since i got it (3 days ago) yes, you could say im a happy man.

The oswald magic is still there  ;D

And my vanessa is much more formiddable than she was before. Duo aswell actually. Im consistantly failing at his infinite though.

challenge 40 is pissing me off though. Since all terry seems to do is sit there spamming power wave until the cows come home. I WANT TO USE GEESE DAMMIT.

Hell ya..Terry my fav character....when v gona have rematch again at da Crappy blue Machince in Yifan !!!!!! >:( >:( >:( >:(

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

i dont think the scaling is that harsh....its actually pretty good really.

However i find that most of the QS combos leave the opponent stunned so I think scaling is the last thing on the players mind.

In saying that tho QS into oswald would be the only damage worthy QS combo that i could think of that scaling doesnt really affect, i mean REALLY doesn't affect...much.

i wish i still had my ps2 :'( :'(
The New Generation Clockw0rk

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

QuoteHell ya..Terry my fav character....when v gona have rematch again at da Crappy blue Machince in Yifan !!!!!!

When my vanessa mixups get better. At the moment im relying way to heavily on BnB's and her throw game.

Oh, and im feeling Tizoc at the moment.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

gunsmoke

Quote from: ILL_BILL on July 19, 2007, 10:25:08 AM
Oh, and im feeling Tizoc at the moment.

Oh right ...u should keep training wait until u ready with tizoc i come to challenge u in blue machine...4 now i still hard out on MVC2 :o :o :o :o

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

SHINGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :P

Coddfish

KoF XI has one major flaw.

There are too many characters for me too choose from :(

I'm about half way through testing out everyone (still playing Jap version, heh, can't wat to get home and pick up the english!) and already I have too many characters that I like:
All of Ash Team
All of Garou Team
Vanessa

How am I going to pick only 3? :S

samurai black

i should really stop playing kof mi2 and get back into this one

fluxcore

I probably actually do best with Ash starting, simply because I don't just 'try to do shit' and instead stick to basics. Plus he's pretty easy to QS out of... so then I'm back to my original team of Ash/Adel (L)/Oswald... but you're right Coddfish... too many to squish into a team of 3!

--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

MAXIMA REVENGERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Coddfish

Quote from: samurai black on July 21, 2007, 08:43:24 AM
i should really stop playing kof mi2 and get back into this one

MI2, any good?

samurai black

Quote from: Coddfish on July 22, 2007, 01:50:25 AM
MI2, any good?

i wouldnt call it good, but its fun at least. i definitely prefer it over something like sc3.

but you can pretty much find broken/cheap ish after 5 minutes of playing that game. they totally meant for the main character to be uber top tier when you use him.

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

MI2 kicks some serious punani....like totally...

i played it at jb and man it was pretty cool......YOUR DOOMED

YOU ARE TOTALLY DOOMED :P :P

as for kof xi, maybe if we all played it on those side machines they'll have to put it back to the proper cool machines and then chuck those stupid piece of shit melty blood games out.....dumbest game evaaaaaaaaaaaaaar